Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#920590 by Kevshev
28 Apr 2016, 20:13
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After another excellent night in the Raddison it was time to travel to see the mouse once again for nine nights and take advantage of the May Bank holiday weekend only using 6 days holiday at work for a 9 day trip. Check in was excellent as usual and I got the dreaded email and text the day before that there was no lounge access due to refurbishment. This wasn't a major problem as we have an excellent and very filling breakfast at the Raddison and the flight was due to take off at 10.30am it wasn't the best time of the day to make use of the bar facilities 8-) . I always ask when is the new club house opening which normally comes with an Awkward laugh but this time they said well they may look at it as they will be flying to San Francisco and Boston next year!
After doing my good deed for the day and trying to spend the £40 food and drink vouchers at the upper crust coffee shop where it was muffins and capachinos for everyone, it was time to board Hot Lips. As we went down the bridge there is now someone offering you a bottle of water. This is now instead of the water being at your seat so please accept if you like to have the convince of having a bottle of water instead of asking the crew.
We settled down in our seat and were offered the customary glass of champagne which we abliged. Then a family with a two month old baby took their seats. The mother was very apologetic and said she was so sorry but had booked the seat before she knew she was pregnant. The whole of the cabin reassured her that it wasn't a problem and then she produced goodie bags for the rest of the uc cabin from the lovely baby girl.
The crew were exceptional and the FSM made a point in introducing herself to everyone which was a great touch. It is a very trying time for them but the service levels in my opinion has not faltered. I just hope with Delta seemingly cost cutting the service levels do not reduce to their levels as I am yet to have a decent flight with them >-(
I am sorry I haven't got the upto date menus as I thought I had put it in my flight bag to put it on here but I must have left it on the plane! Probably had something to do with the too many gin cocktails :cool:
All I can say is that the beef and chicken dishes were excellent.
There was no ice cream run now and no trolley with afternoon tea. The crew asked about 1.30 hrs out if we wanted anything else to eat and were offered a light bight or three finger sandwiches with a scone and piece of cake. Which looked like the PE offering!
We arrived to an empty immigration hall and were through in no time at all. So an excellent trip again but I feel that they are stripping the uc experience And relying more and more on the excellent staff.
#920658 by horburyflyer
30 Apr 2016, 14:04
Many thanks for sharing such a positive TR. I do feel, with a few notable exceptions, that my flights out of MAN with VS are consistently good to excellent. Even on the busy ATL flights I now take.

I'm still waiting to see the real impact of the service changes as the flights I have taken the CC were operating the service for the first time. Interesting observations about the afternoon tea service as the flight I have taken where afternoon tea was offered including sandwiches, scones and mini cakes and you were encouraged to enjoy a few....

Thanks again for sharing. Have a great trip.

Jon
#920665 by tomthumb
30 Apr 2016, 15:58
oldboy wrote:Pleased to read of a good flight. VS have imho been "stripping" the UC experiance bit by bit over the years.

Could not agree more
#920670 by marshy11
30 Apr 2016, 17:43
5 stars all round. That includes your TR. Thanks for posting, almost makes me want to drive up to MAN...... :-P
Virgin Atlantic