Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#920637 by tomthumb
29 Apr 2016, 21:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well, what appeared to take for ages, our turn to go on holiday and meet up with our American friends had come. Mrs D had three options in getting to Gatwick, either go by train (Gatwick Express line is only ten minutes drive away) taxi or I drive. Along comes brother in law, and before you know it, he is offering to drive us, option four it is then :D so on a wet Saturday morning off we set.

Arrival at Gatwick was very smooth and after getting dropped off we made our way to the UC check in - oddly enough we had to wait for someone to be free, which was only a few minutes, but a smooth check in by cheerful staff member and then time for security. I sailed through easy enough, but Mrs D always seems to attract their attention and had to wait for some extra checks :blush:

Once through, it was off to the Clubhouse for breakfast and Mrs D opted for a manicure, so breakfast first and as always a full English for me and it is never too early for a glass of champagne. It was nice that there seemed to be bottles of Lanson on show and on talking to one of the staff, she said that they go through the most Champaigne of all the Clubhouses.

Whilst Mrs D had her manicure, it gave me the chance to send out a shout to v-flyer from the Clubhouse :-) and also update Facebook and get the usual abuse from friends :cool:

Before I knew it it was time to board which was painless and easy. Sat down and greated with the new Amenity pack and menu. Glass of champagne given and gratefully accepted and I settled down into my seat. UC was full and the crew were busy, cheerful and efficient.

I had perused the IFE which had plenty of films and I settled on two films - The Intern and Deliverance.

I first watched The Intern and had my meal.

Looking at the menu I decided on:
Prosciutto ham with asparagus
Chicken
Cheese and biscuits

Starter was lovely and the Chicken was a wise choice considering the bad reports the beef has been getting recently, which was confirmed by a fellow passenger as being tough. Cheese and biscuits went down a treat with a port and brandy. :-)

Whilst watching Deliverence I felt the movie needed to be seen on a bigger screen so after 30 minutes I switched it off and went off to the bar for a chat and mingle.

Went back to my seat and had a longer than expected snooze and before I knew it, we were on our final approach and a quick change into shorts (wise move as it was hot) and with a smooth landing we had arrived at Barbados. Immigration was very smooth and it was off to our hotel for a well needed break.
#920644 by LucyLu
29 Apr 2016, 23:06
Hope you had a great holiday, we're headed out on 8th May and it can't come soon enough! Sadly we are only PE on the outbound (UC on the way back) so will miss out on the CH but have booked No1 lounge at LGW