Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#920850 by enjoyingit
05 May 2016, 09:19
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
The guys in the clubhouse were absolutely fantastic, we weren't particularly demanding, just keep the drinks coming which they duly obliged. The Tapas were lovely, especially the deep fried cauliflower. The burger left a bit to be desired through. The flight itself was totally uneventful for me as i slept all the way. My wife interacted with the crew, and had breakfast, and both experiences left her completely underwhelmed, and i can assure you she is not fussy. I know people sometimes have to do jobs that they don't like, but for the money that CC get paid, if you really don't want to be there, then change careers. We arrived on time, along with a few other flights, and waited 5minutes for the train, and by the time we departed the platform was heaving and crowd control was in full force. Not the best experience of the new terminal. We waited about 15 mins at boarder control in the normal queue, fast track was just as slow so we didn't miss out by not taking that option. We now have 4 nights chilling at Al Maha, and fingers crossed for a better experience on the way home.
#920854 by enjoyingit
05 May 2016, 11:12
oldboy wrote:What a dissappointing flight

It's just "Meh" Coming out the recession all the airlines are busy, our flight was almost 100% occupied in upper. When thinking of how many flights there are per day LHR to DXB, that's quite an achievement. (although someone in the lounge let it slip there were quite a few staff traveling) . For a relative short journey like this, it will now come down to price in the future. Yes the clubhouse is excellent, (even though the burger was below par) but its not worth paying a premium. Who ever can fly me on a flat bed, overnight, gets my business.
#920855 by hiljil
05 May 2016, 12:24
Sorry that your flight certainly lacked any wow factor.

Enjoy Dubai & hope the return trip is an improvement.
#920868 by mikethe3rd
05 May 2016, 23:04
We found our CC much better on the return from DXB and it was one of the best flights I've ever had with VS.

That said, they weren't bad on the way out, just limited interaction due to the time.

I'm on this route soon. How busy was the CH?
#920872 by enjoyingit
06 May 2016, 06:22
We didn't check out the SPA, due to Laziness. We arrived at 19.45 and apart from one large group on a "Team building exercise" (Read boorish, testosterone driven Eunuchs, Deliberate oxymoron) it was empty. Two other tables taken for dinner, a few people dotted around drinking. It really was excellent. IMHO without a shadow of a doubt, the clubhouse beats the CCR, both the SQ lounge and the Qantas lounge in Singapore, and JAL first class at HND. I am soon to visit the Cathay offering in HKG, so maybe there will be a challenger for best lounge.
#920945 by horburyflyer
08 May 2016, 16:27
Many thanks for the TR. Sounds underwhelming which is a real shame. Hope you have provided feedback to VS after a set of positive CC reports in the last couple of weeks.

I too was slightly underwhelmed by the arrival process into concourse D. Quite a bit of faffing around, lots of walking and a train. Didn't feel like it saved any time at all compared to arriving into concourse C.

That said the departure experience, when finally over in concourse D was greatly improved with a good lounge offer.

Thanks again

Jon
#920959 by enjoyingit
09 May 2016, 07:18
I will give feed back on my return. Currently sitting in the lounge at DXB. So much better than the old one. Bubbles are flowing and the food offering is adequate. The staff here, both Virgin endorsed and also Mahaba staff are excellent, fingers crossed for the flight home.
#920979 by enjoyingit
09 May 2016, 21:30
I will post in more detail on Wednesday, although don't expect anything like a HL report. But to suffice to say now an outstanding return. Lounge great, flight great, staff amazing and food ok. Ah seat still tired.
Virgin Atlantic