Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#922317 by LucyLu
03 Jun 2016, 10:09
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
As we usually use Frankie & Benny's for breakfast and they are now closed, and we've been in the CH the last couple of trips so now appreciate lounges, we decided to book the No1 lounge for the first time (paid entry via VS site). The entrance was temporary but the lounge itself was nice. As others have commented, the sofa area was marked off as reserved but no-one sat there. There were just about enough seats for everyone and there was a reasonable selection of food and drink available. Would certainly look to use it again in future.

Although I am only silver and we were flying PE we were called over to an UC checkin desk to check in and were given priority security access, so checked in and through security with no delays.

The flight boarded on time but we were then delayed by a passenger being offloaded, with the police outside and the cabin are being searched for any bags left behind, so he must have been a naughty boy!

We had the "I'm going to recline immediately the seat belt sign goes off" passenger in front of us but since we were in 25H/K at the back of the cabin we could also recline so it wasn't an issue. Strangely after he had put his seat upright for meal service he didn't recline again. so we had plenty of room.

Food and drinks were served promptly but my pre-ordered birthday surprise bottle of champagne for my OH's birthday didn't materialise until I had spoken to 3 different crew members, then when we finally got it (and the surprise had been ruined) there was no message. The FSM took it up and investigated, but apparently the message hadn't been passed from HQ to the flight crew, hence why I marked down Ground Staff. Email to Crawley Towers on its way, but yet to receive a response.

The rest of the flight went smoothly and we had to wait for a gate (despite there only being one other plane on the tarmac at BGI!) for about 15 mins. We still beat the BA and other flights in, so it was a breeze getting through immigration. Bags arrived very promptly and we were in a taxi within about 30-40 mins of landing.
#922543 by tomthumb
08 Jun 2016, 19:47
Thanks for the TR - push Crawley Towers for an answer and compo
#922621 by LucyLu
10 Jun 2016, 12:55
I'm still waiting for a response from Crawley Towers. I've had a holding email saying it could be 14 days for a response!

The whole episode was so disappointing as the woman who took my order over the phone sounded so organised and efficient. I won't be doing it again in the future, it was a waste of money!
#926255 by SlimpyJones
16 Sep 2016, 11:01
I've sat in row 25 and it's great. There's a divider behind your seat (but far back enough to note impede on the recline) to give a small sense of separation from the Economy section. There are curtains but I didn't see these drawn as the economy passengers need to walk through the premium section to use the toilets. Would recommend it for sure.
#926264 by LucyLu
16 Sep 2016, 16:55
Yes, I would recommend, as Slimpy said. My partner who was in the aisle seat said that his seat reclined against the divider and he felt someone kicking it, but I was in the window and it didn't bother me. I would have just moved my seat back forward slightly if I had felt that.

I do like to be able to recline without upsetting anyone.
#926299 by EmmaPeel007
17 Sep 2016, 02:46
Thanks for posting this! We booked the three seats across in row 25 so its good to have the details. Didn't realize the curtains would be open the entire time though. Still - last time we flew it was Economy ELR seats so this will be a massive treat :)
Virgin Atlantic