Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#922403 by sythe20
05 Jun 2016, 07:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After a long wait it was finally time for our little trip to Shanghai. The day started at 01:30am (ouch) to get the coach to LHR just after 3am. The coach afterwards wasn't due to arrive until lunchtime, and with our flight due to board around 14:00 we didn't want to risk it.

We arrived at LHR around 8am and we were met with chaos. Long queues all around the terminal and at first we couldn't locate the UC check in. VS staff spotted us looking confused and directed us to the check in. She apologised for the chaos and said it should all go back to normal in July.

Met with a queue at the UC check in of around 10 minutes. Up we went to the UC security line, and met with another 10-15 minute queue. No issue though as we were so early! In fact the lady at check in had asked if we were going to central London for the day. Nope - we wanted to enjoy the Clubhouse :-D

Clubhouse wasn't too busy. Booked head massage and back massage, then sat down for a quick breakfast. Service was immediately great.

Massage was fantastic. The lady commented how tense I was as my shoulder muscles audibly crunched. I blamed it on the National Express journey up. Paid for the extra treatment with Android Pay for the first time, which had just been released. The desk staff were just as amazed as me :-D

I then used the CH showers for the first time and was rather impressed. A few cocktails and nibbles later it was already time to board.

Priority boarding in place, we were at our seats quickly and offered PJs and bubbly.

Flight was one of the smoothest i've ever had, which meant that my husband even visited the bar with me later which was a first.

Meal service was great (on this leg, more on the return in my next post) and the veggie options were perfect.

This crew was exceptional - friendly, attentive, professional - nothing was too much trouble.

Once my bed was made I couldn't sleep as I was far too hot, but I blame this on the red wine :blush:

Breakfast served and once again immaculate service.

Once we landed in PVG, we were very quickly through immigration and our bags were already waiting for us. Got the Maglev to Longyang station which was a fun experience - 430kph and into Shanghai in 7 minutes! Repeatedly propositioned for taxis before we got to the official taxi rank, and on to our wonderful hotel in Yu Yuan.

:-D
#922404 by hiljil
05 Jun 2016, 07:23
Sounds like a really good start to your trip.

Thank you for the TR and hope you had a pleasant stay out east !