Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#922470 by sythe20
06 Jun 2016, 14:13
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Time for the return back to LHR after an excellent week in Shanghai. I would highly reccommend the city to anyone wanting a little taste of China with (mostly) modern conveniences.

We spent a couple of hours in the No.77 lounge, just upstairs from the VS gate. The lounge staff were 'meh', but this is no CH and this is usually the norm in China. There were some excellent food offerings, although i'd already had a hearty breakfast in the hotel lounge.

We were called to the gate, and then whilst in the premium queue, there was some confusion as we seemed to be stood there for 30 mins. Turned out there was a 'technical fault', but we weren't really kept informed.

Arrived at our seats at the back of PE. I selected these seats so we could recline without bothering anyone behind, and they turned out to be an excellent choice.

Cabin crew were 2 down due to sickness, so announced that the meal service may be a little slow. Welcome drinks promptly given.

I noticed that my vegetarian meal still hadn't arrived when they started dishing out the main meals from the trolley. It then became apparent that my online pre-selection hadn't worked, and they had no idea. When I spoke to the cabin crew, one of them seemed to be making out that i couldn't possibly have selected it as they only had two vegetarians on board!

I was eventually given a meal which I was 'lucky' to receive, apparently. So though I did eat, I was left feeling a little annoyed.

Besides this issue, the CC were excellent I have to say. The rest of the flight consisted of movie after movie (unusual for me) which I really enjoyed.

On returning, I e-mailed VS to feedback about the vegetarian meal issue, and they replied with a whole hearted apology and had found the cause to be ground staff/office related. I was suitably happy with the response and will be flying again with VS soon :-D