Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#922523 by Marmite1981
07 Jun 2016, 21:48
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Arrived at a very rainy Gatwick on a Tuesday morning check in was great and very happy staff which was great ! I then made my way to the Clubhouse, now this was my first time and I really was very very impressed ! The team really were fabulous and I had 2 hours peace and tranquility with a couple of Cosmopolitans !

Boarding commenced on time, I was quickly seated with my glass of sparkling wine which very quickly disappeared and replaced with another which left me feeling very positive that it would be a great flight to BGI !

We should have left at 11.05 and ended up at 12.20, which could have been worse I suppose and they did keep the refills coming ! However the staff really were very pre occupied with gossip in the galley. Eventually at 1.30 I enjoyed a very nice gin and tonic and my lunch order was taken. I opted for the Parma ham and asparagus for starter and the beef for main. Big mistake !!!! The asparagus was frozen and the Parma was fine, shortly followed by the beef which was tough as old boots ! The plus side the white wine (I can't remember which one) was very pleasant only offered one glass though ! >-(

The remainder of the flight was ok, The crew hardly seen, I think there was a party on the galley ! Afternoon tea I opted for the red onion quiche which was very soggy really nothing to write home about !
Then upon decent the cabin was asked to clean our seats for litter and waste as they only had a quick turn around at BGI . We arrived at 15.15 and I quickly departed and thankfully immigration was almost empty considering we arrived 30 min after BA !

I am flying back on this Friday so let's see what happens !
#922525 by LucyLu
07 Jun 2016, 22:36
So if you arrived at 3:15 (not that long after the published time of 3:05) and the outbound flight isn't until 5:15, I wonder why they consider it a quick turnaround!

On my UC flight back last week I was only offered one glass of wine with dinner, which was a shame as it was a very nice French white.
#922530 by buns
08 Jun 2016, 05:59
After such a good start, once again the CC have let VS down :-(

Crew party in the Galley and asking UC passengers to clear up shows how VS need to re-think crew ratios = with the FSM now busy at the back of the plane there seems to be a tendency for some less motivated members of staff to re-pay VS for some serious managerial failings

Hope your return trip is better

buns
#922531 by Neil
08 Jun 2016, 07:27
buns wrote:After such a good start, once again the CC have let VS down :-(

Crew party in the Galley and asking UC passengers to clear up shows how VS need to re-think crew ratios = with the FSM now busy at the back of the plane there seems to be a tendency for some less motivated members of staff to re-pay VS for some serious managerial failings

On both our recent flights the FSM was running the UC cabin with the CSS running the PE and Y cabins and the FSM was active in the cabin throughout, with very few disappearances down the back. This was on the 787 and 330 a/c, so not sure if it differs depending on a/c type?
#922533 by oldboy
08 Jun 2016, 08:01
Thanks for your TR, CC not the best. Although I have my fair share of niggles regarding VS UC service I don't think I have
gone short of wine with lunch/dinner.

Ian
#922534 by marshy11
08 Jun 2016, 09:01
It saddens me to hear a poor crew on the outward flight, not least because I always expect the return to be worse. I do hope you have a lovely time in Barbados and a great flight back.

I really do not expect to be asked to clear the litter from my suite!
#922542 by tomthumb
08 Jun 2016, 19:44
Thanks for the TR - just grateful my flight out in April was better
#922554 by Marmite1981
08 Jun 2016, 22:25
Marshy 11 as you say it's usually the return journey the staff are not so great ! I was just very disappointed with the flight , I managed to get reward flights but if I paid the full price for the ticket I would be even more unhappy !!!!! Flying back tomorrow evening so fingers crossed !!,
Virgin Atlantic