Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#922883 by JasonLewis
16 Jun 2016, 17:20
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
In marked contrast to our flight to Heathrow, the flight my wife and I took returning to the States was back to Virgin Atlantic's usual high standard . . .

Arriving at 7:00 am for our 9:05 am departure, checking in through the Upper Class Wing at Heathrow is always a breeze, and Security was done in the blink of an eye. It wasn't long before we were ensconced in the Clubhouse for a relaxing breakfast and a bit of news (both on the television and catching up on our email). All too soon, it was our time to board, and it was a short walk (surprisingly so for LHR) to our plane. Before we knew it, we were happily ensconced in our seats for an on-time departure.

The flight crew was welcoming and friendly, attentive and responsive, despite being short-staffed apparently (they told me they were one flight attendant down, and had one person running back and forth between Upper Class and Premium Economy, but you wouldn't have known from the service).

As always, Vera provided lots of entertainment options. Food and drink were certainly up to snuff, and while my wife opted for a cat nap, I stayed awake and caught up on two movies I'd missed and some reading. Before long, we were beginning our decent into JFK . . . the end of a near-perfect flight.

Jason
#922889 by TimCrawley
16 Jun 2016, 21:03
Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting the TRs.

After a very disappointing outbound TATL leg TR it's good to read the TATL return leg was more to the standard we all hope for - such a pity you had to experience the poor outbound though :-(

FC having an 'off' day on one flight while another FC put in a strong performance when short-staffed on another flight is really frustrating for travellers (and such inconsistency can't be pleasant reading for VS) .... hope you both had a great 'significant' birthday trip overall !

Cheers,
Tim
#922926 by tomthumb
18 Jun 2016, 18:59
Always nice to great a great TR and service