Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#923633 by vlo_25
08 Jul 2016, 00:50
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Apologies for the delay in posting this trip report- it’s been a little busy at work recently. So online check in was completed about 22 hours in advance, since I was travelling back from California, so only managed seq 58 ;-( Surprisingly though, some seats were still available in the bubble, so I switched my seat from downstairs to 78C, which I was very happy with :) I used the Disney Springs check in area to drop off my bag the next morning, which is still great value for money and had the added bonus of no queue when I arrived.

I arrived at Orlando airport about 3 hours prior to the flight time so I could finish a little shopping at the airport. This was more than enough time as there was almost no queue at security- this seems to have improved a lot at Orlando recently. I arrived at the gate a few minutes before the boarding time and found they had already started the pre-boarding process, so there was almost no wait. Straight up the stairs to the bubble and settled myself in. It seemed like the flight was pretty full, so I was grateful to be in a quieter section. We were soon informed that the flight time would be very short and though we could have left on time we ended up leaving 10 minutes later to time our arrival into Gatwick to be just after 6am (as nothing can land before this time).

The pre-dinner drinks service came round very quickly, followed by the meal service. I had ordered a special meal, which was a cheese and tomato pasta dish. This was very tasty, but the salad and bread roll that went with it were a bit dry. The cheesecake for dessert was very good and followed by cream cheese and biscuits, which were ok if very small. The wine is served in a small bottle with the meal and was very tasty. Dinner was followed by tea and hot chocolate service and then the lights were dimmed in the cabin as it was a night flight. I chose to watch some films on the entertainment system instead because the flight time was so short and there was a lot of choice. Juice and water were served and also left on a tray at the back in case anyone wanted to help themselves. The cabin crew were pretty good on this flight despite it being a night flight and I felt the service was the same as I’ve had in the past, though I know there have been some changes to staffing recently.

About an hour and a half before landing breakfast was served, though I’m not a fan of the hot pastries. I always preferred the hot egg muffin they used to offer, but oh well. The yoghurt and fruit offerings were very good though, followed by a choice of tea or coffee. We landed at about 6.05am and since we were one of the first flights in there was almost no wait for passport control. However the bags were not as quick and arrived about half an hour after landing. No matter though, it was still quicker than arriving at Orlando! Overall I was very pleased with the economy cabin and I have to say this has been consistently good on all my recent flights. I would definitely recommend flying in economy with VS as its great value for money.

Thanks for reading! :)
#923636 by buns
08 Jul 2016, 05:57
Thanks for the TR.

Your experience shows precisely why the economy seats in the bubble are so coveted :cool:

Good to hear there was no queue at MCO Security - my recent experiences there have been dire - and fingers crossed they may have got their act together at last!!

Thanks once again

buns
#923667 by tomthumb
08 Jul 2016, 20:01
Many thanks for the TR

Always nice to hear a good one from the bubble