Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#923800 by GARDNEP35
11 Jul 2016, 16:11
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Long time in the planning this trip and 17.30 finally came on Friday for the start of our 2 week vacation to Atlanta and turning left on the plane. Had our normal pre holiday takeaway Friday night and shut up the cases ready for a early start for the drive to Heathrow. Left home at 5.30am and had a lovely drive up. Just over 2 hours. Meet and great phoned to confirm our arrival as planned. We knew the layout of terminal 3 as had taken the mother in law there 5 weeks ago and was pleased that all building work was complete and looking very nice. . Check in took about 10 mins as seemed a very busy day. Ground staff did not have much to say. My only small gripe here is that the staff seemed to make a point of talking to people that were regular fliers and said nothing to us. May seem petty but the cost of our tickets was alot for us and worked and saved hard for that special experience. Was directed to security check in and that was a dream. Loved that part. Directed to zone H for the club house. What can I say. Top marks all round. Very busy but nothing to much trouble. Wife hair booked and breakfast ordered. Just coffee and diet coke was consumed here. My only criticism here is Richard Branson must have invented time travel as our 3 hours flew by. Gate 13 announced and off we went. Only a 5 min walk. Got to the gate and they had just announced PE boarding. The lady on the desk said you can get to the front but we are not like that. We took our place in line and on the plane in 5 mins. Champagne offered as soon as we were sorting ourselves out. Great start Virgin. You all know the plane stuff so wont get to involved in that bu as a first time upper class passenger I thought it was excellent. Entertainment I have marked down as I did struggle to find stuff to watch.

Food was excellent
Tomato soup
Beef
Lemon curd sponge
Cheese and biscuits.

Settled down and did doze for a few hours.

Had a couple of brandies and the bar and ordered a burger. Again burger was lovely.

Afternoon tea was nice.

Overall experience excellent and would recommend to anybody to try once.

Oh just to add arrived on a ESTA and from departing to aircraft to standing outside was 20mins. Never been through an airport so quick.

Now just sitting in the Atlanta sun and the stresses of work are floating of into the blue sky.
#923802 by jfenney
11 Jul 2016, 16:46
Than you for your TR and welcome to the turn left club :-D . Glad you enjoyed the CH and experianced the delights. Enjoy Atlanta and the sun :D
#923803 by tomthumb
11 Jul 2016, 17:02
Thank you for the TR - always nice to do the left turn and yes time does go fast in a CH :D
#923868 by marshy11
12 Jul 2016, 18:19
You won't ever forget your first 'left turn'. Congratulations on joining the club which now will become addictive, expensive and expensive (yes it's there twice!).
Virgin Atlantic