Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#923971 by wwerdna
15 Jul 2016, 16:44
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
First time on a dreamliner and oh my goodness, what a terrible seating experience in economy. They're so much narrower than the previous economy seats on this route - we had paid extra to get the exit row for extra legroom but me, my wife and the gentleman sat next to us were all crammed together widthwise instead. To get the tray table out of its cubby, the person next to you had to stand up! Not only were they narrow, but they appear to have little to no padding in the base, presumably to save weight. My cheeks were still numb when we go to the car rental counter later that evening.

Everything else about the flight was good, the crew were excellent and it should have been a five star flight. But those seats. If I'm likely to end up on a 787 then I'll never fly economy with Virgin again. However, we've got several flights in the next month on this same route (as we're emigrating) and we've booked them all in PE, so perhaps that was their cunning plan all along!