Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#926389 by JasonLewis
20 Sep 2016, 00:17
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
I've been remiss in posting my experiences of late; lots of flights this year (30 on Virgin America alone!). But VX753 is certainly worth a mention . . .

Flying into SFO during the summer can pose something of a problem. It's never the best time to visit San Francisco, as summer can be damned cold in San Francisco -- and foggy! And so our flight begin in Seattle with a weather delay: my scheduled departure time was out of the question, and exactly when we'd be taking off was (pardon the expression) somewhat up in the air. The delay, however, meant I would miss my connecting flight to LAS. When checking my bad, I asked about this and she immediately rebooked me on a later flight . . . with an upgrade!

So far, so good!

As it turned out, our delay was under an hour, and we took off on a smooth flight to San Francisco. The smoothness came to an abrupt end however, when -- just as we were about to touch down -- the plane wobbled, the engines suddenly powered WAY up, and we headed skyward at a steep angle. Apparently we hit the jet wash from a departing jumbo and had to abort the landing. We re-entered the pattern and aced the second attempt . . .