Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#931891 by julmops
25 Jan 2017, 15:33
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
For our annual main holiday, we had decided to go back to Orlando for 2 weeks. It would be 10 days in Disney World and a 4-night Disney cruise at the end.
We booked flights at Easter last year and got a good deal for a Premium Economy return from Gatwick and were happy with it.
Few months down the line, checking our booking, I realised that our return flight had been moved forward by 1 day, which wasn’t convenient for us.
A call to Flying Club later and a very efficient and nice lady had arranged for an indirect inbound flight via Atlanta, with a miles upgrade to UC from Atlanta.
The night before, we travelled to Gatwick and stayed at the Bloc Hotel, which is literally meters away from the Premium Gatwick security lane.
Very compact room but it definitely did the trick for one night.
We had dinner at Giraffe next door and in bed by 10.
Next morning, as we had done the Twilight check-in, we could get straight to the security and then to the No1 Lounge (which was paid for separately).
The lounge was quite busy but we found some spaces and enjoyed breakfast while waiting for our flight.
Boarding was quick and efficient and we settled in 19A and C.
Prosecco, orange juice and water were offered.
Premium Economy wasn’t full so people could stretch a bit.
Flight time was announced at 9 hours and 40 minutes, due to very strong head winds over the Atlantic.
We took off on time and service started pretty soon, with a hot towel and a round of drinks.
Lunch was then served and was pretty good, however I can’t remember what I had ;)
Flight was uneventful but I can mention a lovely ice cream and a very nice afternoon tea with very tasty sandwiches and cakes.
We arrived about an hour late in MCO but beat the Manchester flight by 10 minutes …
We were hoping that it would give us an advantage at immigration but a flight from Sao Paolo crushed our illusions …
All in all, it wasn’t too bad though as the BA flight was almost completely cleared by then.
Luggage was already waiting for us and customs were just a formality.
I believe it took us just over an hour from the plane’s door and the Magical Express on our way to Disney.
A great flight, once again, with Virgin. Really happy about the service, which was nice and personable.
The return trip ended being a nightmare with missing connections and a double downgrade from Virgin’s1A to Delta’s 40C but I will talk about it in a separate TR ;)
#931975 by tomthumb
26 Jan 2017, 21:01
Thanks for the solid trip report
#931994 by hiljil
27 Jan 2017, 09:14
Thank you for the TR. Having read your homebound troubles , I am so pleased that at least your holiday got off to a good start !