Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#934050 by ant_flyer
03 Apr 2017, 14:56
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
I have flown with Virgin regularly between London, Boston and Las Vegas over the last few years but in the last 12 months I have needed to travel between London on Seattle.

I tried using Delta and BA and both were fine but it was great to learn that Virgin are now flying the Seattle route.

My ticket was in PE (S class) but I was hopeful of using miles to upgrade to UC as PE seemed full and UC seemed to have a few spare seats. I checked in online with a view to enquiring about an upgrade but on arrival at T3 check in was rammed with huge queues at customers services and the UC ticket desk. Luckily I have AU so I decided to head to the clubhouse and enquire about an upgrade there.

My electronic boarding pass wasn’t able to open the door to the UC wing / security channel but the door opened when I pressed the call button.

The security channel was completely empty and I quickly made my way through duty free and onwards to the Clubhouse. The reception staff were very cheery and provided a quick update on recent changes and ongoing building work. The main change since my last visit is the new location for the customer services desk and access to the toilets which requires you to leave the clubhouse, walk past the reception staff and past the lift.

I asked about a miles upgrade and it was sorted out very quickly with a seat in 5G.

The clubhouse was very busy but I managed to find a seat and booked a complimentary head massage. As soon as I sat down my drinks and breakfast order was taken and it arrived shortly afterwards. The massage was really good and I managed to grab a quick mojito before heading to gate 13.

On arrival at the gate I boarded straight away. The cabin crew were very pleasant and efficient.

Drinks and crisps were served shortly after take off and food orders were taken and I managed to get my first choice of Green Thai Chicken Kebabs and Grilled Fillet of Beef. The chicken was really good but I wasn’t a fan of the leek cassoulet served with the beef :)

The flight was quite uneventful, I managed to get some sleep and the flight time was quite quick at 9 hours and 4 minutes.

A really good flight.
#934054 by ant_flyer
03 Apr 2017, 15:11
Thanks SlimpyJones, I believe that PE and UC were full... not sure about economy. I wasn't paying attention during the load announcement.

It did seem busy. In UC the crew were constantly making the rounds and asking for drink / food orders.
#934094 by tomthumb
04 Apr 2017, 19:21
Thanks for the TR and also glad you got the upgrade to UC
Virgin Atlantic