Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#936437 by Golfgirl
02 Jul 2017, 14:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Greetings all my first ever post on V-Flyer so here goes. This was our first trip to the Big Apple flying on VS127 Man-JFK. I had spoken to the Virgin Flying without fear team as my daughter who is 12 is terrified of flying since a bumpy ride back from Orlando last year. They suggested alerting Virgin special assistance which I did. On boarding the aircraft every member of the cabin crew we met knew about her fear and were lovely, the flight manager came over and chatted to us/her and explained lots of things and if we needed any further explanation they would get the captain to speak to her etc.. They were truly amazing :-D , we felt completely supported and my daughter even said when we left the aircraft you know that really wasn't so bad, so a huge huge thank you to the cabin crew on this flight although saying that we have always had excellent cabin crew on all our Virgin flights.

The rest of the flight here goes, I had booked extra leg room in economy we were on the A330, first time A330 as we always fly Manchester to Orlando on our beloved 747 (nothing beats the 747 in my eyes) and sit in the bubble, and I have to say yes this was worth it and I would certainly pay for these seats again. The IFE was fine actually better than the 747 (which we love) with a detachable remote control so you didn't have to keep hitting the screen annoying the passenger in front :-D so a plus on that one. Food was fine a lot better than our last return trip to Orlando which was awful, first time we had experienced awful food, although on the return leg I do wish they would do a hot breakfast roll instead of the granola etc... Back to the seat, very comfortable and you certainly noticed the extra leg room which did make it more comfortable. We have never had any issues flying in and out of Manchester so we continue to drive the 3 hours to and from which is a bit of a pain and I do wish they had better connecting anything to Manchester from Newcastle but I still prefer it to London so all in all a great experience especially with the amazing cabin crew.
#936447 by SlimpyJones
02 Jul 2017, 17:32
Thanks very much for the TR Golfgirl, and welcome to the forum. :)

Glad to hear you had a good flight especially with the extra attention to your daughter. It's nice to get a TR from the Economy cabin as well, good to hear things are still ticking over there too. I'm looking at a mini-trip in the coming months in Economy just to keep up with it.
#936449 by hiljil
02 Jul 2017, 17:53
Thank you for your TR. It was so lovely to read all your positives comments and to hear that your daughter decided it wasn't too bad !

Hope you have many more happy flights.
#936468 by mitchja
03 Jul 2017, 15:04
Excellent TR and thanks for posting. I'm glad the crew all looked after you and your daughter on the flight.

The VS crew based at MAN really are getting it right and they are all a credit to VS :)

If you do get chance, just drop VS a quick note about the crew as it does go a long way and does get passed down the chain.
#936596 by tomthumb
11 Jul 2017, 18:45
What a fantastic flight crew you had and I am glad it all went well
Virgin Atlantic