Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#940700 by 747star
11 Jan 2018, 13:22
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Hi all!
Just a quick report on our travels yesterday (while sitting wide awake at 3am in San Fran...)
We had a bit of a dodgy CDC experience where they had mistakenly sent a car for 1 when we booked for 3....fairly tight squeeze hugging our cases - but our first DTCI went very smoothly (lucky me got SSSS though!) impressive facility.
Clubhouse was just brilliant- fairly quiet, very attentive staff, delicious redhead cocktails and fresh tasty food. Lovely facial in the spa and went up to the glass pod on the roof (but was full so didn’t stay) fab views from up there. 3 hours flew by!
We were on Maid Marian and the cabin was spotless. I love the mood lighting on the dreamliners. The FSM was great and all the crew were the best I’ve ever experienced on board. Funny, friendly, always present and working so hard the entire flight.
All IFE seemed to work well, I had trouble with WiFi (apparently Apple products seem to be more temperamental with on board WiFi) but managed to log on once we hit Canadian airspace.
As usual they fed us well- Really tasty meal (salad then gnocchi) plentiful drink offerings, a wee snack of crisps from the bar later on and the bites menu proactively offered 2.5hrs pre landing.
We had a really quick flight landing 45 mins early and the fastest ever trip through immigration and customs.
Thanks again to everyone who comments on this forum, helping us to be able to collect and use miles and have amazing travelling experiences like we had yesterday! :D
Last edited by 747star on 11 Jan 2018, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.