This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#156750 by Scrooge
24 Jan 2007, 20:28
Originally posted by VS075
Originally posted by RichardMannion
You are on drugs right? Totally free of?

And what is everyone's problem on here saying that I'm on drugs? I've already been accused by GJ of taking crack cocaine and now a mod has joined in.[:0] I think I'll go off and cry now!

Cocaine = paranoia [:p]
#156777 by p17blo
24 Jan 2007, 23:39
Originally posted by MarkJ
Hmm - Im not sure I understood that last bit!!

well....

Originally posted by HighFlyer
Firefox adheres to the W3C standards - these are 'rules' if you like on how websites should be coded. W3C is headed up by the chap that wrote the original URL, HTML and HTTP language specifications.

IE does not follow these rules, it abides by its own coding, and worse, creates Microsoft websites to the same poor standard. This is the only reason that some web pages do not display properly in Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers. Its not the browsers at fault, its down to poor programmers creating sites for display on IE and not to W3C standards. (Convening to W3C rules allows websites to be read by screen readers for disabled people, and lots of other crucial areas, hence the importance for a standard).

But - as others have said, you can download an IE Tab for Firefox that will display pages as IE does (it uses the IE engine) and you can also add-in the 'User Agent Switcher' which tells the website what browser you are using. You can use this to tell the website you are using IE and it will display appropriately.

I really cannot see any legitimate reason for using IE if you are an everyday home Internet user. Nobody in my office uses IE, we have no need to.

Thanks,
Sarah

Yeah, that's what I meant [8D]
#156844 by AlanA
25 Jan 2007, 12:20
I am having a problem with FF (ver 2.0) as it hangs after a period of time. It then takes around 45 seconds to work again, i.e. run the page up or down, enter into boxes etc...
I have now given up on it and gone back to IE7