This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#17449 by mitchja
25 Jan 2007, 00:01
You might or might not be aware that BT Retail (ie BT Broadband) made an offer to purchase Plusnet in November last year.

Well as of today, the offer has been accepted. See this web site

Plusnet have released this statement today as well stating their future plans.

As a Plusnet customer here not sure if this is a good or bad thing [:?] The service I've received of PlusNet has always been good with very little down time in the 2.5 years I've had a broadband account with them. Time will tell I guess.

Reagrds
#156784 by preiffer
25 Jan 2007, 00:07
Interesting. Plusnet only recently bought Metronet who were REALLY good. Nothing bad has happened since, but with BT owning the "mother ship", I'm now a little concerned...
#156785 by mitchja
25 Jan 2007, 00:13
I just hope they carry on accepting Amex as a form of payment so I can still use my VS Amex card to pay every month and earn some miles [:w]

Regards
#156788 by Pete
25 Jan 2007, 00:49
Damn. I'm with (what was) Metronet as my secondary connection. When PlusNet took over, I noticed useage ceilings started kicking in. Now that BT have a hand in it, no doubt the writing is on the wall. Metronet was great. PlusNet are tepid. BT will be awful.

However, with my main connection to NTL turning into Virgin Media in February, I have high hopes for 50Mbps broadband...!

Pete