This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#17476 by catsilversword
26 Jan 2007, 06:43
The number of postings I've made seems to have got stuck - at 1388 to be precise. I probably wouldn't have noticed, except that I'll be pleased to be out of the 1300s (triskaidekaphobia - spelling?)

Can any of the mods put a finger on why this has happened? Is it ssomehow linked to the fact that countdown no longer works on my 'account'?

Awww....[?]
#156991 by Neil
26 Jan 2007, 08:44
Cat - Paul mentioned in a thread yesterday that any posts made in the Off Topic forum do not increase your post count, so if you are doing a lot of OT posts then this might be why you haven't noticed your count going up. Next time you post in one of the other boards check and see if it increases.

Neil
#156996 by catsilversword
26 Jan 2007, 09:00
Originally posted by Attitude23
Cat - Paul mentioned in a thread yesterday that any posts made in the Off Topic forum do not increase your post count, so if you are doing a lot of OT posts then this might be why you haven't noticed your count going up. Next time you post in one of the other boards check and see if it increases.

Neil

Mmmmm... I don't know, I didn't think I was doing that - how exactly is an off-topic defined? I notice that asking this question didn't change my number of postings either....
#156997 by Neil
26 Jan 2007, 09:03
Off Topic is defined by posting in the new "Off Topic" forum that was created when the new membership scheme was announced, this thread is located in the OT forums and is why your post count wouldn't of gone up after your last post.

Neil
#157001 by HighFlyer
26 Jan 2007, 09:47
Claire, I've fixed your Countdown clock.

As Neil says, posts made in the Off Topic forum do not count towards post count. Preiffer covered this in his post here.

Thanks,
Sarah
#157014 by fozzyo
26 Jan 2007, 10:59
Oooh i didn't realise that.
#157064 by catsilversword
26 Jan 2007, 15:00
Originally posted by HighFlyer
Claire, I've fixed your Countdown clock.

As Neil says, posts made in the Off Topic forum do not count towards post count. Preiffer covered this in his post here.

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks Sarah - can I ask what was wrong with the countdown clock? I've used it without problems in the past....
#157065 by catsilversword
26 Jan 2007, 15:01
Originally posted by fozzyo
Oooh i didn't realise that.

Nor me [:0]
#157068 by HighFlyer
26 Jan 2007, 15:13
Originally posted by catsilversword

Thanks Sarah - can I ask what was wrong with the countdown clock? I've used it without problems in the past....

Not sure how it had happened but the date and the last bit of the code was missing. Not sure if you maybe accidentally deleted it when updating your signature? Anyway, all fixed now ... i hope :)

Thanks,
Sarah
#157282 by catsilversword
27 Jan 2007, 20:41
quote]Originally posted by HighFlyer
Originally posted by catsilversword

Not sure how it had happened but the date and the last bit of the code was missing. Not sure if you maybe accidentally deleted it when updating your signature? Anyway, all fixed now ... i hope :)

Thanks,
Sarah
[/quote]

Goodness knows! Wasn't aware of having deleted something, and I did check and re-check - but that doesn't mean I didn't mess soemthign up! Thanks Sarah, I'll now go and see if I can work some magic...[y]
Virgin Atlantic