This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#17565 by MarkJ
30 Jan 2007, 17:03
It struck me at the PCP that when you are introduced to a a fellow V-flyer at a "do" then you need to be introduced by web name and your real name ( unless its obvious!)!!

Some people put it on their profile - so that makes it a bit easier.

GJ has a distinctive "web name" but has not published his real name.

Anyone fancy a guess?

I think its Sebastian!!
#157724 by Neil
30 Jan 2007, 17:12
Excellent topic Mark[y]

I must say when I don't know people's real names I give them my own, for GJ I use Humphrey (I won't bore you with my reasons!) , but upon seeing his photo I think he looks like a Charles! Whatever it is, surely it has to be something classy and dignified.
#157726 by AlanA
30 Jan 2007, 17:30
Tarquin Feathers III [:p]
#157730 by preiffer
30 Jan 2007, 18:11
I thought it was Paul Smith [?]
#157731 by MarkJ
30 Jan 2007, 18:13
Originally posted by preiffer

No thats the bloke he robbed and stole all his clothes from!!! Remember??
#157732 by Scrooge
30 Jan 2007, 18:16

According to his credit cards his name is now Mr Decker [:0]
#157744 by preiffer
30 Jan 2007, 19:22
Come on - it's "anon", isn't it...? ;)
#157757 by vs_itsallgood
30 Jan 2007, 19:55
Originally posted by Scrooge

According to his credit cards his name is now Mr Decker [:0]
I must give that one a [y]
I [oo] to the master...
You are soooo [}:)]
And probably (not) politically correct...
#157786 by buns
30 Jan 2007, 21:02
GJ

I just need to be careful and judicious about posting my name.

Fully understand where you are coming from; you can be assured of my respect and admiration for taking this stance[y][y]

buns
#157789 by preiffer
30 Jan 2007, 21:04
Originally posted by buns4vs
Fully understand where you are coming from; you can be assured of my respect and admiration for taking this stance[y][y]
Yeah, but in this case, it's just because you don't LIKE yours, Rupert Shambles. [:p]
#157793 by MarkJ
30 Jan 2007, 21:18
Yeah, but in this case, it's just because you don't LIKE yours, Rupert Shambles. [:p]

Hahahaha that was good!! - I never knew his name was Rupert?
#157804 by buns
30 Jan 2007, 21:56
Originally posted by MarkJ

Hahahaha that was good!! - I never knew his name was Rupert?

Am I missing something here[?][:?][|)][?]

Rupert
buns
#157806 by jerseyboy
30 Jan 2007, 21:58
Ok GrinningJackanapes the game is up i know your true name and i am not afraid to post it.

we met in your home town in Austria not more than 3 years ago. you tried to sell me that dodgy coco clock.

Your real name is MR Wolfgang Inderupper.

The key to your name lays in your hands. Now the cat's out of the bag do the decent thing and come clean to everyoneand proclaim this to be your real name.:D

Cheers Jerseyboy
#157814 by honey lamb
30 Jan 2007, 22:21
While I imagine him to be a Giles or Geoffrey or a Rupert or Charles or some aristocratic name, he's probably Fred or Bert*

*With apologies to any other Freds or Berts who may be on the site [:w]
#157815 by slinky09
30 Jan 2007, 22:24
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
Also, truth to tell, I am a rather private person and, given the quanitity of nutters on the internet

I'm guessing you'd know quite a few then[:p][:p]
#157824 by Littlejohn
30 Jan 2007, 23:11
Well, what should we call you? Educated Eton, born a Virgo, boastfully insecure, likes to cause a ruck. I have to say Jackanapes seems to hit the mark with me.
#157828 by preiffer
30 Jan 2007, 23:40
Originally posted by jerseyboy
we met in your home town in Austria not more than 3 years ago. you tried to sell me that dodgy coco clock.
What's a coco clock? Is it a chocolate one?

Can't hang it over the fire, I guess... [:(]

;)
#157831 by jerseyboy
31 Jan 2007, 00:03
Originally posted by jerseyboy
What's a coco clock? Is it a chocolate one?

Can't hang it over the fire, I guess... [:(]

;)

Coco clock is a screensaver download, so you could have it on your fireplace along with your TFT. Apparently it is the most wanted natural screensaver clock you could want on your desktop.

Try the website if you donÕt believe me
[}:)]
#157839 by fozzyo
31 Jan 2007, 00:39
I wanted to say Mary. But then I want to call everybody Mary and work in a bar called The Fudge Palace since seeing the movie Pecker.
#157841 by preiffer
31 Jan 2007, 01:11
As an overiding statement, I'd like to point out the following:

As with ANY online forum, an individual's right to privacy, security and safety is absolute. Nobody should expect their identity to be "outed" by anyone else, and the wishes/intentions of any member will always be upheld (within legal reason) by those that run v-flyer.

In this case, (along with other members previously) GJ has made his intention to remain anonymous for what I believe are very valid reasons. It is NOT any other member's position to expose any detail of GJ's existence to anyone else in a public forum. For that reason, in the same way I would for any other member, I am locking this thread.

Off topic it may be - but the repercussions are potentially out of order and therefore it goes further : inappropriate.

Can we please ensure we respect each other's privacy in any future discussion? Thank you.
Virgin Atlantic