This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#254248 by mitchja
27 Apr 2008, 12:26
Yesterday I bought a Thomson 160Gb Freeview HDD recorder from my local Comet store for 89.99 (reserved it online first and so got 4.5% cashback going though Quidco ~4.05)

Afterwards I visited Asda which is across the car park, only to find they where sellling the same piece of kit for only 79.97.

Comet have a price match guarantee where if you find the same item for less within 14 days within a 10 mile radius, they will match the price + plus give you 10% of the differnce. The other store has to have at least 1 item in stock and they wont match interent prices.

I went back to Comet, they phoned Asda to check that the price was correct and they had at least 1 unit in stock and hey presto I got 11.02 refunded [:D]

Net price (including Quidco cashback + 10% of the price difference from Comet) = 74.92 [oo] [y]

I was a bit concerend they might try and wriggle out of it but I had no problems at all [:D]

BTW Very impressed with the Freeview HDD recorder - it's so much easier than using VHS takes to record programs plus I've got a months free Top-Up TV thrown in too [y]

Regards