This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#782628 by RedVee
15 Jun 2011, 21:39
HWVlover wrote:Just purchased some Marmite oven baked cashew nuts in Sainbury's. y) ) "Delicious" hardly does them justice.

Just to drag this OT question even further OT, have you tried Reggae Reggae cashews and peanuts? Daught went to a Levi Roots night (free in the SU) where he told stories, cooked and sang in equal measures. And apart from the reggae reggae sauce, I ended up with the rest of the bag of goodies, including these. Yum!

Regards
R3dV
#782650 by ratechaser
16 Jun 2011, 00:16
My dear Luke, I refer you to my judgement on the subject of bacon several posts ago...

I still maintain that the 'question' of butter is moot to any genteleman here :-)

A more pressing question for me is - do they use the same bacon in Y for those 'interesting' bacon and cheese rolls that are served.

And for that matter, why are crunchy nut cornflakes not available?? We haven't even scratched the surface of the cereal debate!

RC
#782656 by honey lamb
16 Jun 2011, 07:29
ratechaser wrote:My dear Luke, I refer you to my judgement on the subject of bacon several posts ago...

I still maintain that the 'question' of butter is moot to any genteleman here :-)

A more pressing question for me is - do they use the same bacon in Y for those 'interesting' bacon and cheese rolls that are served.

And for that matter, why are crunchy nut cornflakes not available?? We haven't even scratched the surface of the cereal debate!

RC

:o) :o) :o)

Let the debate begin!
#782657 by Luke085
16 Jun 2011, 07:50
For me it has to be crunchy nut clusters mmmmmm
#782665 by HWVlover
16 Jun 2011, 09:12
All Bran for me y) ...and watch out behind! ): ): ):
#782674 by eejp1007
16 Jun 2011, 09:56
A long time for me to clock in on this one:
Butter, yes if toast (with or without sauces), no if bread with sauce, yes if bread with no sauce.

All this talk of Daddies and HP, does no one have Branston's Bite brown sauce?
I think it is streets ahead of the other brands and the bottle is a much better shape for the fridge.

For the cereal, 3 Weetabix with ice cold milk eaten really quickly before they go too soggy, delicious!
#782772 by chumba
16 Jun 2011, 20:28
Tinkerbelle wrote:Heinz have started doing a tomato ketchup with balsamic - now that is seriously good!!! y) y)

Sainsburys have it on offer at the moment £1.99. and BOGOF ! :D

Just bought some to try and it's YUM !
#782783 by Sunshine
16 Jun 2011, 23:41
oh dear I have just joined this thread and I don't like breakfast that includes, sausages, bacon, sauces, cereals......

Now where is the porridge thread? I am not a traditionalist and like Oats so Good Golden Syrup with Soy milk :0 and yes I know I am not normal :w

Sunshine 8D
#785997 by gilly
16 Jul 2011, 12:57
I couldn't eat a sausage sandwich(butty) to save my life, with or without ketchup or brown sauce - yuck!

For breakfast it has to be porridge or museli, depending on the season, with skimmed milk and a few blueberries.
#786244 by slinky09
18 Jul 2011, 19:46
Tinkerbelle wrote:
gilly wrote:For breakfast it has to be porridge or museli, depending on the season, with skimmed milk and a few blueberries.

Very healthy! y)

Ughy ugh ugh ugh.

What is wrong with a great British fy-up, and failing that a good old fashioned sausage sandwich with butter and tomato ketchup!

I am determined that this irreverent thread gets up to 100 posts, to join the really serious ones about GNF for example.
#786245 by Tinkerbelle
18 Jul 2011, 20:03
slinky09 wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:
gilly wrote:For breakfast it has to be porridge or museli, depending on the season, with skimmed milk and a few blueberries.

Very healthy! y)

Ughy ugh ugh ugh.

What is wrong with a great British fy-up, and failing that a good old fashioned sausage sandwich with butter and tomato ketchup!

I am determined that this irreverent thread gets up to 100 posts, to join the really serious ones about GNF for example.

Nothing wrong at all. I hate healthy food for breakfast as I feel I need a half-decent brekkie to start the day off right. A cheese toastie works wonders! As does last nights leftover takeaway!
#786252 by cooperman
18 Jul 2011, 20:19

Nothing wrong at all. I hate healthy food for breakfast as I feel I need a half-decent brekkie to start the day off right. A cheese toastie works wonders! As does last nights leftover takeaway!

aaaahhh!...at last something that really is a GREAT Brekkie, especially after a few beers with the boys the night before...a warmed up curry sets me up for a wonderful Sunday..mmmm.....nom,nom,nom..... y)
#786264 by RedVee
18 Jul 2011, 20:41
slinky09 wrote:I am determined that this irreverent thread gets up to 100 posts, to join the really serious ones about GNF for example.

100 posts? You lack ambition, Sir. This could run and run. We haven't even discussed the butter yet. For me on a toasted sausage sarnie it would have to be Lurpak slightly salted.

Regards
R3dV
#786266 by RedVee
18 Jul 2011, 20:46
Co wrote:

...at last something that really is a GREAT Brekkie, ...a warmed up curry sets me up for a wonderful Sunday..mmmm.....nom,nom,nom..... y)

You warm it up? :0

Regards
R3dV
#786267 by cooperman
18 Jul 2011, 20:48
RedVee wrote:
slinky09 wrote:I am determined that this irreverent thread gets up to 100 posts, to join the really serious ones about GNF for example.

100 posts? You lack ambition, Sir. This could run and run. We haven't even discussed the butter yet. For me on a toasted sausage sarnie it would have to be Lurpak slightly salted.

Regards
R3dV

Lurpak "Spreadable" so that you don't
mess about with lumpy butter. y)
are we at 100 yet?
#786269 by cooperman
18 Jul 2011, 20:51
RedVee wrote:
Co wrote:

...at last something that really is a GREAT Brekkie, ...a warmed up curry sets me up for a wonderful Sunday..mmmm.....nom,nom,nom..... y)

You warm it up? :0

Regards
R3dV

Usually, yes..where would we be without a microwave? :?
Virgin Atlantic