This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#794072 by vizbiz
21 Oct 2011, 08:58
I've been asked to provide a list of (large-to-medium) companies in East Anglia and "The City"(think Autonomy, Aviva plus some other "mid-size" businesses), essentially measure by head-count. Does anyone know of a listing/accessible data-base that would have that sort of info???

I can guess some data, but want to try and find a fairly comprehensive list if possible to save re-inventing the wheel etc - I'm sure this info exists somewhere...

Thanks!
#794079 by tontybear
21 Oct 2011, 12:46
Chamber of Commerce?

Department of Business and Skills (or whatever its called - used to be the Board of Trade!)?

Companies house database?
#794085 by ratechaser
21 Oct 2011, 14:44
Dun & Bradstreet have a pretty comprehensive database of companies. I'm not sure how much you can get out of them for free though (my organisation uses them but definitely pays for the data!)
#794086 by slinky09
21 Oct 2011, 17:27
D&B's Hoovers service might help as ratechaser suggests, you can get a free trial here!
#794310 by scally
25 Oct 2011, 21:11
There are a couple of websites offering Companies House information for free these days, the best of which is DueDil. They seem to be adding on new features all the time, so I'm sure you can find some way of extracting the info you require.
http://www.Duedil.com
Virgin Atlantic