This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#794167 by honey lamb
24 Oct 2011, 09:06
O the ignominy! :0 I am a pariah! An outcast! A thing to be rejected and despised. Ladies will gather their skirts as I pass lest they should brush against me and become contaminated. Gentlemen will cross the street to avoid meeting me. My posts on V-Flyer will go unaswered. My trip reports will remain unread. There will be whispers of “Poor honey lamb, she seemed so nice. What went wrong?” :#

What went wrong indeed?

My dear friends (if I may still call you that), I have been a bad, baaaad mother. :# Many of you will know of my son, Aer John. A few of you have even met him. You travelled vicariously with us around the world reading both our trip reports; you supported him when he went off to play in the first final of the Virgin Atlantic Flying Cub Swingers golf competition and congratulated him when he won at the tender age of 16. Those of you who are my friends (and possibly his) on Facebook watched his progress through university and added your good wishes when he graduated recently with excellent results. And how does he repay you? My friends, today he sets foot on the first rung of his chosen career working for an airline …...

…...as a bean counter!! :0

Sorry! :#
#794169 by Concorde RIP
24 Oct 2011, 09:23
At least he'll be a bean-counter in an airline with some knowledge about air travel :-)
#794170 by HWVlover
24 Oct 2011, 09:23
Nothing wrong with bean counting said this FCA. y)

I am much more concerned about......

honey lamb wrote:he sets foot on the first rung of his chosen career working for an airline …...

.......which airline? ?|
#794175 by honey lamb
24 Oct 2011, 10:23
HWVlover wrote:Nothing wrong with bean counting said this FCA. y)

honey lamb wrote:he sets foot on the first rung of his chosen career working for an airline …...

.......which airline? ?|

Tut, HWV!! v( I was wondering who would ask that. There's a clue somewhere on the page of the post. The first one to spot it correctly gets.......

....... absolutely nothing!
#794178 by cooperman
24 Oct 2011, 10:43
honey lamb wrote:
HWVlover wrote:Nothing wrong with bean counting said this FCA. y)

.......which airline? ?|

Tut, HWV!! v( I was wondering who would ask that. There's a clue somewhere on the page of the post. The first one to spot it correctly gets.......

....... absolutely nothing!

So that will be Aer Lingus then?
#794181 by tontybear
24 Oct 2011, 11:52
Could of been worse. It could have been Ryanair !

Congrats to Aer John on the job xxx
#794185 by Jacki
24 Oct 2011, 12:41
Every cloud has a silver lining, just work out how many flights/ air miles you have bought/generously shared over the years and put in the invoice! Now why couldn't my children have been dress designers :w
#794188 by pjh
24 Oct 2011, 13:41
No shame at all, and all congratulations to the young fellowmelad.

All that has to happen is that whenever a disparaging remark is made about beancounters is just has to be caveated with "(with the honourable exception of V-F's own AerJohn)"
:)

Paul
#794192 by HWVlover
24 Oct 2011, 14:37
pjh wrote:All that has to happen is that whenever a disparaging remark is made about beancounters is just has to be caveated with "(with the honourable exception of V-F's own AerJohn)"
Paul

And, Paul?....said HWVFCA ):
#794193 by honey lamb
24 Oct 2011, 15:07
HWVlover wrote:
pjh wrote:All that has to happen is that whenever a disparaging remark is made about beancounters is just has to be caveated with "(with the honourable exception of V-F's own AerJohn)"
Paul

But you're not an airline bean counter and Aer John is (unless you are hiding a guilty secret) ):

It's only airline bean counters that receive opprobrium here
#794201 by Martin
24 Oct 2011, 16:29
Sealink - keep up with the rest of the class |:)

There is a little tailplane icon next to HL's original post at the very top. And Aer John shares a name with this airline!
#794208 by pjh
24 Oct 2011, 18:00
HWVlover wrote:
Paul

Nay lad, being the offspring of a man who proudly counted beans for a living it was never my intention to disparage the (largely) honourable profession....
#794211 by Sealink
24 Oct 2011, 19:36
Martin wrote:Sealink - keep up with the rest of the class |:)

There is a little tailplane icon next to HL's original post at the very top. And Aer John shares a name with this airline!

Oh yeah.

i)
#794217 by buns
24 Oct 2011, 20:23
HL

Far from you feeling shame, you should feel immensely proud of Aer John and being able to engender in him a sense of foresight of looking after his dear mum

buns
Virgin Atlantic