This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#798243 by tontybear
27 Dec 2011, 14:46
Ok so what are peoples thoughs on the best thread of the year?

We have had a number of wonderful trip reports as well as threads discussing all sorts of other topics too ranging from new planes, refurbs, new destinations, hotels, things to do, will VS buy BMI or join an alliance and of course the menu.

Which leads me to my 'nomination' for the best thread of the year and it is

Oh Dear.....

Though the thread should have really been called 'Cupcake Gate')

Only slightly marred by the non availabilty of the original TA review linked to in the original post that engendered an outpouring of sympathy (not) for the poster.
#798254 by slinky09
27 Dec 2011, 16:07
Indeed, pastrygate, I agree Mr TB, best chuckle of the year ... I wonder if the poster has ever posted again!
#798264 by tontybear
27 Dec 2011, 18:01
Tinkerbelle wrote:Think you've picked a winner TB! It beats any other post or TR for sure without a doubt. :)

Just a shame there is no way to access the original TA posting. We could have read it out at any gatherings !
#798267 by Tinkerbelle
27 Dec 2011, 18:38
tontybear wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Think you've picked a winner TB! It beats any other post or TR for sure without a doubt. :)

Just a shame there is no way to access the original TA posting. We could have read it out at any gatherings !

I might have it screencapped on my laptop - will look when I get a chance!
#798297 by Tinkerbelle
28 Dec 2011, 14:48
OK I've searched my laptop and I do have the original TA post saved as a text file - I've just read it again and it's still as funny as the first time I read it.

Can any Mods help? What are the rules now on copying and pasting text considering that the original page no longer exists so it can no longer be linked to? :?
#798322 by DragonLady
28 Dec 2011, 23:01
Pete wrote:Not sure we have a policy on that already. One for a bit of mod head-scratching, I think.

It was sooooooo sooooooo funny. Please mods, pretty please... ): ): ): It would be such a shame to deprive those who didn't see it :o).
#798324 by tontybear
28 Dec 2011, 23:20
DragonLady wrote:
Pete wrote:Not sure we have a policy on that already. One for a bit of mod head-scratching, I think.

It was sooooooo sooooooo funny. Please mods, pretty please... ): ): ): It would be such a shame to deprive those who didn't see it :o).

I can quite see the bind that Pete is in especially as the post in question was on another site and has since been removed by that site but it would be wonderful to be able to read it again.
#798934 by Concorde RIP
05 Jan 2012, 11:01
Tonty, I think you've zoomed in on the winner already!!! I'd kind of forgtotten about it, but am chuckling already at the memory of it!

Mind you, I'd also nominate the brilliant TRs from Dr vipond, but would also mention those from HL on the Asia jaunt, I read those with huge interest and enjoyed each and every one....
Virgin Atlantic