This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#799115 by tontybear
06 Jan 2012, 20:09
Wateched a really interesting programme last night on Quest called Crisis Control (sorry for the crappy link but its not on the Quest website)

Was a 'behind the scenes' look at Atlanta Airport and how they and DL dealt with a number of problems.

There are a few more showings in the next few days and next weeks is about Grand Central Terminal.

Most interesting thing I leart? - when a body is transported it is always loaded so the head points to the nose of the plane.
#799173 by honey lamb
07 Jan 2012, 00:48
tontybear wrote:Wateched a really interesting programme last night on Quest called Crisis Control (sorry for the crappy link but its not on the Quest website)

Was a 'behind the scenes' look at Atlanta Airport and how they and DL dealt with a number of problems.

There are a few more showings in the next few days and next weeks is about Grand Central Terminal.

Thanks for that, tonty. Must keep an eye on that channel. It's one that one tends to skirt over and the title "Crisis Control" is a bit of a catch-all which could mean anything. I'm sure I'll probably be able to catch it at some future date.

Most interesting thing I leart? - when a body is transported it is always loaded so the head points to the nose of the plane.

Funnily enough that was one of those odd little facts I always knew. I was trying to think how I did but then realised that an acquaintance of mine living here in Clon used to work at LHR in baggage and cargo and that was one of the nuggets he shared with us many, many years ago