This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#811795 by seanyjmuclhr
24 May 2012, 11:57
So recently I flew on both VS200 to HKG and VS24 back from LAX and on both flights (both A346) I had the same captain whose way with words was marvellous and certainly different from the norm. He said things like:

“With the power of 5,000 springboks, tonight’s aircraft will speed us to Hong Kong”
“Let’s all relax and enjoy the wonder that is the magic of flight”
“Today’s aircraft is a big bird, she will fly us to London tonight but she does require my full and constant attention, so with that I will bid you all goodnight”
“the person on charge of tonight’s flight is flight manager M*** in the grey shirt – do not underestimate his powers!”

His different way with words certainly got everyone’s attention – does any one know who this captain is. He is hilarious!
Last edited by honey lamb on 24 May 2012, 13:37, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited to remove staff names as per forum rules
#811806 by honey lamb
24 May 2012, 13:44
Hi and welcome to V-Flyer.

Even if someone does recognise this captain and may well repeat similar anecdotes he will not be able to be named as forum rules do not allow staff names to appear in posts unless with the express permission of that member
#811807 by at240
24 May 2012, 13:44
That rings a bell, actually!

I think it might be the same guy who once predicted strong turbulence ahead and then said, 'but do not worry, the aircraft is immensely strong'. At which point you could tell that everyonce was visualising an aircraft shattering into a thousand tiny pieces. Quite a few of us laughed out loud. :D
#811817 by seanyjmuclhr
24 May 2012, 16:04
Thanks guys - and sorry, I didn't mean to contravene any forum rule - I am not after his name, just thought that he is to be commended for being the most poetic captain on VS today. Quite refreshing.
#811845 by honey lamb
24 May 2012, 20:51
seanyjmuclhr wrote:Thanks guys - and sorry, I didn't mean to contravene any forum rule - I am not after his name, just thought that he is to be commended for being the most poetic captain on VS today. Quite refreshing.

I know you didn't. I just posted that as a reminder :D
#816763 by jwhite9185
14 Jul 2012, 15:57
I had a captain make some similar comments on a 744 flight back from BGI a few years back.

As the cabin crew were on the PA saying to leave your seat belts unfastened as we were refuelling he turned on the seatbelt sign. Then he came on immediately after to congratulate said crew member on 'successfully getting themselves out of the poo'.

There were a few more comments like that as the flight went on.
#816850 by samfarmer
15 Jul 2012, 14:34
Not really the same as a Bryan Air Captain who stated this gem after a touch and go miss landing into Belaft last year.

"Well folks, I think we'll try that one again. We thought landing on all three wheel bases would work better than two - fear not, we'll land this craft somehow"

muffled laughter and some tears - Can VS please start a VS Europe... fed up with Bryan Air and Queezy Jet.
Virgin Atlantic