This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#815454 by thelaceys
30 Jun 2012, 19:29
I know we have some amazing techy type folks on here so thought I would give you a shot. :)

My daughter carried the Olympic Torch in Newcastle Upon Tyne a couple of weeks ago. :D

I have found her run on the BBC website. here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day28

Her run starts at around 18:05 Blythe to Newcastle.

I would really like to have this to keep for her or put to on a disc but don't know if it's possible, or how to do it. ?|

Any help would be really really appreciated. y)

thelaceys
#815456 by tontybear
30 Jun 2012, 19:42
I have no idea but how wonderful that she was chosen to carry the torch and I hope that she is keeping it !
#815457 by thelaceys
30 Jun 2012, 19:49
She has no plans to ebay it if that's what you mean :)

She works with kids and families in the east end of Newcastle educating them in good health and nutrition and with her team, is currently running Jamie Olivers Ministry of Food programs across the north east.

She tells me that she intends to carry the torch with her to all the places she goes including the schools, so that the kids can have a hold of it and be a part of the Olympics too :D

thelaceys
#815470 by slinky09
01 Jul 2012, 08:26
Play it on a computer and video it with your smartphone? Won't be great, but will be something.

For good quality I would ask the Beeb, I am sure they're inundated with requests so have some process to supply.
#815512 by tontybear
01 Jul 2012, 16:26
Darren Wheeler wrote:Reading the FAQ's, I think you could be unlucky getting a copy.

http://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/questions ... appearance

This question gets asked on a regular basis on the BBC Points of View message board.

The cost is £100+ BUT I don't think that being a torch bearer would count as being a major contributor to a programme.
#815528 by thelaceys
01 Jul 2012, 21:20
Thanks everyone for your input :)

Suppose it looks like short of doing the video thing on my phone, we haven't much chance of getting this, so disappointed, but will have a bash and ask the BBC if they would supply but not holding out much hope :(

thelaceys
#815530 by tontybear
01 Jul 2012, 21:44
just a thought you might try contacting LOCOG who organised the Torch Relay
Virgin Atlantic