This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#818890 by DragonLady
04 Aug 2012, 08:12
For those of you not aware the womens Triathlon is on this morning. Helen Jenkins (GB) is the current world number one so I'm hoping she'll do well (although we've had a few disappointments in the velodrome and pool in the past few days) .
I used to work with her mother- in law and she lives locally ( to me) so I'll be waving my flag furiously ( as I did when her husband Mark competed in Athens in the same event) ^) ^) ^) .
Fantastic achievements so far from Team GB. I'm glued to the coverage of all the events :D :D.
DL
#818893 by Hev60
04 Aug 2012, 09:19
They've just jumped into the Serpentine, keeping my fingers crossed she does well.

What has amazed me about these Olympian athletes is their wonderful personality as well as their marvellous skills. It is so refreshing to see this attitude because it is such a contrast from those egotist, overrated and over paid footballers :)

Well done Team GB - we're really proud of you y) y) y)