This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#821618 by hiljil
29 Aug 2012, 07:05
Last evening when I tried to log onto V-Flyer I had a message that I have never received before. It said I couldn't be connected because the band width had been exceeded by the (server?). Please try again later.... :(! I was able to go onto any other site that I wanted so I assume it was nothing to do with me or my computer.
Please can anyone explain ( in simple terms !) why I received such a message and what it actually means. ?|
Thank You.
A very puzzled hiljil
#821619 by Neil
29 Aug 2012, 07:51
The bandwith issue was a V-Flyer one, which meant we had reached our data usage level for the month. Pete who owns/runs V-Flyer also has some other sites and during August he is in Edinburgh reviewing all of the Fringe for his online site and because it was sooo popular this year it used more bandwith then expected.

The good news is, more has been sorted and we are up and running after a very short down period.

This problem wouldn't have affected your ability to view other sites though, so can't help with that.
#821635 by hiljil
29 Aug 2012, 09:29
Thank You. I can now stop worrying that it was anything that I might have done !!!

:D
#821924 by caspaton
30 Aug 2012, 17:47
Neil I own a large web development company. More than happy to host V Flyer on one of our dedi servers in London, for no charge. Seriously, you should PM me and get it sorted out.

Move away from your budget hostinsg as is.
#821928 by honey lamb
30 Aug 2012, 17:56
caspaton wrote:Neil I own a large web development company. More than happy to host V Flyer on one of our dedi servers in London, for no charge. Seriously, you should PM me and get it sorted out.

Move away from your budget hostinsg as is.

That's not a question for Neil but for Pete, the owner of the site. Normally it is not a problem but the extra demand because of the Fringe Festival has gobbled up the bandwidth
Virgin Atlantic