This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#823018 by pjh
07 Sep 2012, 09:18
I've just had an email from Amazon inviting me to order a Kindle Fire, which is to be available from October.

Anyone any experience of using one or reviews or opinions to share?

I do like the iPad (MrsPJH has one for work) but struggle to justify the spend on that device.

Thx

Paul
#823022 by locutus
07 Sep 2012, 09:58
With the Nexus 7 out, the new Kindle, and maybe a new iPad mini coming very soon, may be worth waiting and seeing what's on offer.

However, I love my Nexus 7 and would recommend that. :P
#823027 by David
07 Sep 2012, 11:20
locutus wrote:With the Nexus 7 out, the new Kindle, and maybe a new iPad mini coming very soon, may be worth waiting and seeing what's on offer.

However, I love my Nexus 7 and would recommend that. :P

Hi Loctus, can you get the sonos app on the Nexus and whats the touch screen like (compared to the ipad)

thanks

David

(sorry to pinch your thread Paul)
#823041 by preiffer
07 Sep 2012, 13:13
They've announced it juuuuuust ahead of the iPad 7"/Mini.

I'd hold off and see how that prices before buying a Fire.
#823044 by pjh
07 Sep 2012, 13:23
David wrote:(sorry to pinch your thread Paul)

No problem. It's all grist to the mill.

preiffer wrote:They've announced it juuuuuust ahead of the iPad 7"/Mini.

I'd hold off and see how that prices before buying a Fire.

Thanks (and to Locutus) for that information. I didn't know there was an iPad mini on the way. I've no problem in waiting a little longer to make any decision.
#823046 by Scrooge
07 Sep 2012, 13:29
I've played with the Fire, I like it a lot, the Fire HD looks to be a good evolutionary step of the product. As the HD is now the price of the old fire and the old fire is now $40 cheaper, Amazon are putting together a nice line up.

It's also nice that multiple people can share books purchased through Amazon which could be the thing that swings it for the wife's Christmas present.

However, if you don't already have a Kindle account, it would be worth waiting to see what Apple has to offer.
Virgin Atlantic