This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#823813 by slinky09
13 Sep 2012, 16:45
iPad y)
#823820 by Tinuks
13 Sep 2012, 17:32
You're probably thinking of the galaxy tab. I've got one but I think you may be better off with the ipad cos they've got more apps available.
#823823 by Neil
13 Sep 2012, 17:42
iPad, we have two of the new iPad and I had an iPad 1 since launch and I've never had one crash ipof the device itself. As Darren said some apps crash occasionally, but that is an app issue not an iPad issue.

The other half researched lots if tablets before deciding to go with the iPad and quick frankly none of them are even close.

I think people get them because they are the best, rather than to show off, which is quicky frankly a ridiculous statement IMO.
#823828 by Neil
13 Sep 2012, 17:53
But surely any tablet is just an oversized iPod touch? What exactly are you wanting your tablet to do? I can't think if anything that another tablet can do that the iPad can't.
#823841 by Slipperman
13 Sep 2012, 18:45
Might as well have the 'Does God exist' debate.

My advice would be to go and have a play...

iPad and Android can both do things that the other can't and have difference around screen aspect ratio, accessories etc. So list your 'wants' and go and have a play.
#823866 by ratechaser
13 Sep 2012, 22:03
IPAD!!!!

Really, this isn't like a reversal of the debate of the early 90s where most people bought PCs but a few 'in the know' bought macs because they were better. There really is no serious contrarian argument here to buying an iPad

Louis - I'm almost wondering if you want to buy something different so that you can take it to parties and say that you bought it because it does 'X' that an iPad can't... That day will come, but we're not there yet...
#823880 by joeyc
14 Sep 2012, 01:05
Rustigearbox2 wrote:Im trying to decide whats best, dont say iPad, I think loads of people get them to show off and they are crash prone, plus I have an ipod touch so it would be useless to me anyways.
I do like the Google Nexus 7 for its good price and great specs.
I did see a nice tablet on TV that has some pen thing, forgot the name though. Suggestions welcomed.

-Louis

Go for an iPad Louis. It is a safe bet in terms of keeping yourself busy and whilst there are a few bits and pieces that it doesn't do, it is easier and more reliable to use than most on the market - and the stuff it doesn't do by default that other tablets do (probs only flash apps and sites these days) is actually easy to work through. There are also apps that allow you to hook into a mac or PC so you can potentially run programmes that way. |:)

When the tablets were released in bits and pieces I did an evaluation for my company taking weeks and a lot of tablets... :( that ended with the iPad coming tops for us. The other manufacturers were still playing catchup in my opinion, and actually still are surprisingly ?|

Prevalent question though.... what will you need it for?
Last edited by joeyc on 14 Sep 2012, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
#823888 by Neil
14 Sep 2012, 07:46
Well if your only counter argument against the iPad is it's lack of flash then I think you should buy the Sony, after all, flash is the future.....
#823891 by slinky09
14 Sep 2012, 08:02
Neil wrote:Well if your only counter argument against the iPad is it's lack of flash then I think you should buy the Sony, after all, flash is the future.....

Ha ha ha - even Adobe has halted flash development for mobile, focusing on HTML5 for the future!
#823892 by waatp
14 Sep 2012, 08:03
I bought a Google Android tablet ... lasted two weeks before I gave up with it.

Switched to an iPad and never looked back !
#823898 by DarkAuror
14 Sep 2012, 08:58
I've got a Ipod touch and and Ipad2. I now only use the Ipod for music. I moved all the apps over to the Ipad and never looked back, if I only I can wrestle it off my son and wife to actually use it. :)

Might look at the Ipad Mini when it's released.
Virgin Atlantic