This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#830646 by gingerflyer
19 Nov 2012, 07:28
One night here on work trip booked in "business club level package" - includes unlimited free wifi access in hotel. Having spent 3 nights in an all inclusive where the staff couldn't be more helpful, makes me realise just home rubbish this hotel is!!
- no wifi in club lounge, rest of hotel barely better than dial up connection. Might seem petty but we booked a specific advertised business package rate here based on advertised benefits.
- Internet issues is some areas blamed on. " our devices" despite the fact they work find in other areas only 1m away!
- room overlooking air con system from hell in hotel opposite - equivalent to noise of train in room 24/7. Asked to move and got a room with roughly 5 decibels less noise.
- staff unhelpful and uninterested - in other hotels at least pretend to be interested. Here they clearly can barely tolerate customers but still expect tip
- manager won't speak to a guest when asked - too busy to speak to people! Took 1.5 hours and several discussions with different members of staff before he actually would speak to me. Almost like I was an inconvenience for him

All in all a terrible hotel - certainly not worth the money and best avoided at all costs!
#830713 by mcuth
19 Nov 2012, 18:41
I'll swap you for the Travelodge Milton Keynes Central! :D

Cheers
Michael
#830718 by Miss G
19 Nov 2012, 19:11
ratechaser wrote:
Darren Wheeler wrote:Or Travelodge Royal Scot.

Or Travelodge Gants Hill. Don't blame me, booked at the last minute, with a careless air of 'how bad could it be?' Words that came back to haunt me...

Bit of a theme emerging here perhaps?

Or Travelodge London Euston.
#830741 by pjh
19 Nov 2012, 22:52
I'll raise you the Travelodge Manchester Central. Few things could beat what I found in the bath or the fact that, having been given a different room, was told I'd have to buy my own soap....
#831012 by Hull
22 Nov 2012, 14:50
joeyc wrote:
Hull wrote:You could have stayed here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-bed.html

Ahhhh daily mail reader n( n( n( n(

On the topic.... proud to be the worst?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv3KqZUY_qc

No not a Daily Mail reader, I barely even read the Metro on the way to work :)
It was just a side article on a friends tweet
I'm sure glad not to be staying there though :$
Virgin Atlantic