This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#831743 by Tinuks
03 Dec 2012, 05:55
I just had this random thought that though many of us have never met (and probably never will meet), quite a number of us would have sat at the same seat, eaten off the same tables, slept in the same bed, and much to some people's dismay - slept in the same sleep suit
#831762 by Concorde RIP
03 Dec 2012, 14:28
Oh lordy - hadn't thought of that!

We may even have been on the same plane at the same time, or stayed in the same hotel at the same time - without knowing it...

There's probably enough data in the itinerary calendar and TR index to identify some of these - I know some have connected up on CH invites etc, but there's probably a load more than were never identified at the time...

It's the sleep-suit thing that has me cringing - albeit, I don't use them anymore!
#831763 by tontybear
03 Dec 2012, 14:41
A couple of years ago I was in UC on the lower deek flying SFO to LHR and another v/flyer was on the top deck. Only found out after I had written my TR and they commented on it.

I think it happens more than we think - especially as there are lots of silent members who read but don't post.

And of course not every one posts their trips and not every one looks at the itinerary calendar!
#831769 by honey lamb
03 Dec 2012, 15:45
A classic that I remember was a TR by one V-flyer who passed some comment about couple in the seat across the aisle from him in the bubble. Turns out it was another V-flyer.

I had the eerie experience of reading a TR of a BA flight I took from Tel Aviv. I had absolutely no recollection of posting the TR although I had written it ready for posting. I blamed the gin :| :| :| until I realised it was written by another V-flyer
#831776 by Concorde RIP
03 Dec 2012, 16:35
honey lamb wrote:A classic that I remember was a TR by one V-flyer who passed some comment about couple in the seat across the aisle from him in the bubble. Turns out it was another V-flyer.

Oh no! Just shows how careful you need to be - I trust it wasn't a highly derogatory comment? I don't actually remember that, was it some time ago?

honey lamb wrote:I had the eerie experience of reading a TR of a BA flight I took from Tel Aviv. I had absolutely no recollection of posting the TR although I had written it ready for posting. I blamed the gin :| :| :| until I realised it was written by another V-flyer

I remember that TR - aare you sure it wasn't you? Perhaps you posted twice - one for each helping of T10? I do remember that TR of yours, but not the other, but then, perhaps I read it after too many beers and forgot.
#831784 by ratechaser
03 Dec 2012, 18:46
Tinuks wrote:I just had this random thought that though many of us have never met (and probably never will meet), quite a number of us would have sat at the same seat, eaten off the same tables, slept in the same bed, and much to some people's dismay - slept in the same sleep suit

Well I'd appreciate it if whichever v-flyer nicked the waist cord from my 'previously enjoyed' sleep suit (en route to HK yesterday) could perhaps bring it back. I mean, I can hardly be expected to flog it on EBay in its current condition... ):
#831789 by RyanJW
03 Dec 2012, 19:56
Pretty certain I sat next to a fellow v-flyer on my last MIA trip! Another one of reading the trip report afterwards and recognising the same flight times and service details!!
#831790 by CHill710
03 Dec 2012, 20:02
Flying back from LAX last month the couple behind me in the line on the air bridge noticed my luggage tags and said on their last trip they had met a V-Flyer I think they said it was a "chap from Hull"
#831815 by Jacki
04 Dec 2012, 02:46
I have no idea why my suggestion we all fly in florescent pink glow in the dark V-Flyer shell suits with our names on the back isn't more popular? : :D
#831826 by ratechaser
04 Dec 2012, 10:01
Jacki wrote:I have no idea why my suggestion we all fly in florescent pink glow in the dark V-Flyer shell suits with our names on the back isn't more popular? : :D

If it was made of a natural fabric, I'd take it over the current offering. Oh, and can I get my name picked out in Swarovski crystals, just for an added touch of class?
#831835 by DocRo
04 Dec 2012, 12:43
This has got me thinking
How to spot a VFlyer amongst the Muggles?

VFlyer tags
Breakfast Mojitos
Arrival in Clubhouse 10 hours before departure
#831836 by joeyc
04 Dec 2012, 12:51
DocRo wrote:This has got me thinking
How to spot a VFlyer amongst the Muggles?

VFlyer tags
Breakfast Mojitos
Arrival in Clubhouse 10 hours before departure

Ha ha ha.... don't forget we will also be the only ones using the 'mixing decks' in the LHR CH :w :w

.. whether it is to check emails or login to v-flyer is more or less irrelevant, at least that nice shiny iMac is being used ii)
#831838 by joeyc
04 Dec 2012, 13:11
Tinuks wrote:I just had this random thought that though many of us have never met (and probably never will meet), quite a number of us would have sat at the same seat, eaten off the same tables, slept in the same bed, and much to some people's dismay - slept in the same sleep suit

Very philosophical tinuks.... :?

Sorry v-flyers I pack my own PJs when flying UC so there will be none of my second hand sleepsuits doing the rounds :# - unless, of course, they keep them circulating for 4+ years :0

There is a thought, how about v-flyer sleep suits monogramed and made from the finest silks.... think we would stand out from the black trackie crowd then?? - not sure about "florescent pink glow in the dark V-Flyer shell suits" though Jacki.. would you be willing to compromise on the colour... luminous green would definitely go better with my eyes :P

8D
Virgin Atlantic