This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#835672 by sunsational
22 Jan 2013, 22:25
Can anyone tell me how much Easy Jet charge for baggage if booked online?

I have checked their site and can only see prices for checking a bag in at the airport; £25 - gate £40.

My son and 9 friends are off to Ibiza and are looking at booking flight only, they have to weigh up the options to find the cheapest way.

I tried a dummy booking, but it doesn't mention anything up to the point of adding names.

Any info much appreciated,

Karen
#835677 by tontybear
22 Jan 2013, 22:49
It appears on the second page - after selecting which flight you want - after the £3 add on for booking a seat and the travel insurance but before the extra sports equipment. But before you add names / payment details.

From the dummy I just did looks like £29 per bag
#835685 by duggy83
22 Jan 2013, 23:50
Looks like its going up to £30 in summer! (this is return price - the at checkin/gate prices are one way!)

Would suggest not taking much more than 20kg though... :0
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 22.49.45.png
#835692 by Nikolic
23 Jan 2013, 01:24
Worth noting that Easyjet cabin baggage doesn't have a weight limit, only a size limit. So long as you can lift it into the overhead bins unaided that is
#835730 by stevop21
23 Jan 2013, 13:00
It used to vary depending on the route. Looks like it still does. Yeh the hand luggage has no weight limit but one thing to bare in mind is that people who get on last are often forced to put their hand luggage in the hold as the overhead lockers are full. Some people have realised this and bring huge bags and stand at the back of the boarding queue! I hope your son has a great trip, if he's unlucky enough he might be on one of my flights :o)
#835748 by clarkeysntfc
23 Jan 2013, 17:34
Silver Fox wrote:Hopefully Virgin are listening on the weight limit.

STOP PRESS: They aren't.

Absolutely. The 6kg hand luggage limit with VS is ridiculous.
Virgin Atlantic