This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#847952 by catsilversword
10 Jun 2013, 06:25
Hi,

I'm trying to sync music on itunes from a pc to an ipad. Unsuccessfully so far.... I've googled it and have tried following the advice - I've authorised the pc, and then gone to 'devices', where I can see 'sync' - but it's greyed out. Where am I going wrong please?
#847956 by pjh
10 Jun 2013, 08:08
catsilversword wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to sync music on itunes from a pc to an ipad. Unsuccessfully so far.... I've googled it and have tried following the advice - I've authorised the pc, and then gone to 'devices', where I can see 'sync' - but it's greyed out. Where am I going wrong please?

Can you see the iPad as a device in iTunes?
#847962 by slinky09
10 Jun 2013, 09:37
What version of iOS does your iPad have and what version of iTunes is on your laptop? About a year ago support for older versions of iTunes was dropped if I recall correctly ...
#847997 by catsilversword
10 Jun 2013, 16:25
iOS version 6.1.3 and yes, I also updated iTunes on the pc.

And No, I can't see the. iPad listed as a device on the pc. All I have is a drop down menu with 'devices,, which leads to a further drop down, all of which are greyed ou t. Tey are sync, transfer purchases, back up and restore from back up. I'm confused? I've also tried connecting to the pc via USB, as per online guidance, makes no difference!
#848080 by SNOMO
11 Jun 2013, 12:22
Easy way is to ring one of the Apple shops (Birmingham is great for help) ask them and they will probably talk you through it - they have sorted my problems a couple of times.
#848142 by catsilversword
12 Jun 2013, 06:18
Thanks all. As Snomo says, i think a call or visit to an apple store has to be the only option left. Everything I've printed and heard seems to suggest that IO connect to the pc via usb - but that just doesn't go anywhere.

No doubt I'll go to an apple store and it'll be something so small and so obvious... and then I'll feel like a total idiot and a right fuddy-duddy. No change there then :)
Virgin Atlantic