This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#848145 by scully
12 Jun 2013, 07:37
Is there a reason why a user gets banned from this forum? Was looking for a trip report that I read about a month ago but it has now been deleted and the user banned.

The user was a fairly regular user since 2005 and I don't recall seeing anything posted that looked offensive so unsure why the user has been banned.
#848147 by Nottingham Nick
12 Jun 2013, 07:50
We probably ban half a dozen users a day at the moment. Like most sites of our type, we are constantly bombarded by spambots using joey email addresses who try to advertise their tablets / trainers or whatever they are selling.
I am not aware of any long standing users being banned - we haven't had any contretemps on the forums for quite a long time now.

Nick
#848148 by Neil
12 Jun 2013, 07:50
There can be a number of reasons why a user is showing as banned. It is actually quite rare that the moderators ban users apart from spammers, but there are occasions and obviously the specific reasons aren't something we discuss on the public board.

It could actually also be that the user has decided to leave the site of their own accord and deleted their account from the system which could show it as banned.

Rgds,
Neil
#848165 by Sealink
12 Jun 2013, 11:11
Kudos to Nottingham Nick for using the word contretemps.

A bit of class round here would be dead good.
#848175 by joeyc
12 Jun 2013, 12:08
Nottingham Nick wrote:we are constantly bombarded by spambots using joey email addresses

:# :# :#
#848176 by slinky09
12 Jun 2013, 12:09
Sealink wrote:Kudos to Nottingham Nick for using the word contretemps.

A bit of class round here would be dead good.

And there hasn't been a dead good contretemps here for a while ... now, thinking hat on ):
#848186 by Treelo
12 Jun 2013, 13:59
Wasn't there a gold old ding dong of a contretemps with GJ? But then I guess that was some time ago.
#848201 by Jacki
12 Jun 2013, 18:00
Rumour has it he still can't resist a good "Amenity Kit" thread? :w
#848203 by RachelCox
12 Jun 2013, 18:25
joeyc wrote:
Nottingham Nick wrote:we are constantly bombarded by spambots using joey email addresses

:# :# :#

Lol!
#848206 by joeyc
12 Jun 2013, 18:40
Jacki wrote:Rumour has it he still can't resist a good "Amenity Kit" thread? :w

Cheers for that info Jacki, allowed me to find this mythical person in the forums. He really liked his amenity kits :0

I have got to say there are a number of amusing discussions buried waiting to be found ... my favourite was the one about 'Virgin pulling Mauritius route?' which went massively off topic. The comments about toilet crocodiles and all VS CC being 'Queens and Essex girls' had me in fits.

Ahh posters past... I also notice there was a Joey back then too, I wonder what happened to him ii)
#848210 by tontybear
12 Jun 2013, 19:33
joeyc wrote:
Ahh posters past... I also notice there was a Joey back then too, I wonder what happened to him ii)

Eaten by a toilet crocodile??
#848217 by gfonk
12 Jun 2013, 23:11
joeyc wrote:
Jacki wrote:Rumour has it he still can't resist a good "Amenity Kit" thread? :w

Cheers for that info Jacki, allowed me to find this mythical person in the forums. He really liked his amenity kits :0

I have got to say there are a number of amusing discussions buried waiting to be found ... my favourite was the one about 'Virgin pulling Mauritius route?' which went massively off topic. The comments about toilet crocodiles and all VS CC being 'Queens and Essex girls' had me in fits.

Lol I would love to have read that one

@joeyc VS CC being 'Queens and Essex girls'

Brilliant lol
#848219 by tontybear
12 Jun 2013, 23:20
gfonk wrote:Lol I would love to have read that one

Brilliant lol

search and ye shall find*

* - this thread was written on the 'old version of the site so some of the quotes and smilies don't appear as they should.
#848231 by David
13 Jun 2013, 08:09
Crikey, a lot of old missing members on that thread

David
#848236 by gfonk
13 Jun 2013, 08:55
tontybear wrote:
gfonk wrote:Lol I would love to have read that one

Brilliant lol

search and ye shall find*

* - this thread was written on the 'old version of the site so some of the quotes and smilies don't appear as they should.

thanks tontybear - as they say "you da man" y)

I read the whole thread and it certainly was amusing reading in one sense but totally agree with the moderators locking the thread. A couple of the posters did seem a bit close to the mark.

Although the comment about VS CC being Queens and Essex Girls was funny I wanted to say that I find VS CA to be amongst the best in the world. Why? because they are approachable as well as good at their jobs. They clearly take pride in wearing the glorious red uniform. On my last flight from LHR - NRT I was having some minor issues with tingling feet lol I KNOW (its more like me who is the queen) however the CAs I spoke to were really kind and also I had some friendly banter with them. Just before landing they came to check on me which I thought was very sweet. Upon my return I sent an email to crawley towers to say thank you. y)
#848238 by joeyc
13 Jun 2013, 09:19
Sealink wrote:Some people can't stand the pace... ):

..or Sealink's South Park impressions :P
#848239 by gfonk
13 Jun 2013, 09:21
joeyc wrote:

something I should request at the next social? lol
#848242 by Sealink
13 Jun 2013, 09:29
joeyc wrote:

I don't do South Park impressions.

Edit: I don't recall doing South Park impressions

Edit: oh god.
#848245 by Concorde RIP
13 Jun 2013, 10:11
I'd forgotten about that thread...thank goodness we don't see many of them, but it was funny to re-read.
#848256 by at240
13 Jun 2013, 14:03
This reminds me...

About a month ago I was 'suspended' for an evening or so and I couldn't even view the site, never mind post. :0

All I'd done that day was post an innocuous trip report. :D

I wonder what happened?
#848258 by Neil
13 Jun 2013, 14:21
at240 wrote:This reminds me...

About a month ago I was 'suspended' for an evening or so and I couldn't even view the site, never mind post. :0

All I'd done that day was post an innocuous trip report. :D

I wonder what happened?

I believe that was actually something that affected the whole site.
Virgin Atlantic