This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#850126 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 09:15
Read the other day that Andy Murray would be up for a match against Serena Williams.

I think this would be very interesting, however I wonder actually if he would win? Personally I think it would be a very exciting match, but my money would be on Serena Williams.

What do others think about this?
#850134 by joeyc
01 Jul 2013, 11:11
My money would definitely be on Murray.... no contest really, but you are right, it would be an exciting match to watch.
#850135 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 11:24
joeyc wrote:My money would definitely be on Murray.... no contest really, but you are right, it would be an exciting match to watch.

interesting! i expected you to say Williams! :0
but yes if it did ever happen it would be exciting. Do you think there would be any further reaching consequences to the game of tennis if Murray were to lose?
#850136 by joeyc
01 Jul 2013, 11:34
gfonk wrote:interesting! i expected you to say Williams! :0

:? Why?

gfonk wrote:Do you think there would be any further reaching consequences to the game of tennis if Murray were to lose?

Doubtful.... in fact highly doubtful, it would just be a friendly match if in theory it happened. To be honest, given the players involved, I cannot see it coming to anything other than that hypothetical match that could have been ;)
#850137 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 11:45
joeyc wrote:

gfonk wrote:
lol apologies, I just thought...... :|

Do you think there would be any further reaching consequences to the game of tennis if Murray were to lose?

Doubtful.... in fact highly doubtful, it would just be a friendly match if in theory it happened. To be honest, given the players involved, I cannot see it coming to anything other than that hypothetical match that could have been ;)

yes you are right about that. Its never going to come to anything for sure.
#850141 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 12:03
wow.
Maybe I should have a bit more faith in Murray.
#850142 by joeyc
01 Jul 2013, 12:05
gfonk wrote:
joeyc wrote:

lol apologies, I just thought...... :|

No need to apologise, was wondering if you thought I were an American, lacking some sort of patriotic pride.. Ha. :P
#850143 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 12:20
joeyc wrote:interesting! i expected you to say Williams! :0

:? Why? [/quote]

lol apologies, I just thought...... :| [/quote]

No need to apologise, was wondering if you thought I were an American, lacking some sort of patriotic pride.. Ha. :P[/quote]

lol ^)
#850199 by gfonk
01 Jul 2013, 20:16
smonster wrote:Get real you lot even Serena said she would struggle to get a point.

Would be fun though :-)

Lol did she?
Wow maybe I'm hyping her up too much
Ps I'm English lol
Virgin Atlantic