This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#857021 by Hull
09 Sep 2013, 22:15
Well I finally made it, arriving in Auckland at 1600 local time Mrs H and her father were waiting for me for the drive down to Rotorua after a bite to eat I managed to stay up until 2200, I got a good nights sleep until 0630 and feel great for it, it looks like I may have beaten the Jetlag y)
#857023 by gfonk
09 Sep 2013, 22:50
Man alive Dom
You ARE the man (we're not worthy lol)
Respect on doing that not stop.
I for one would have to have had a stop over
Have a great time in middle earth hey
#857030 by Darren Wheeler
10 Sep 2013, 00:59
Jetlag is a cruel mistress. Just when you think you have her on the rope, wallop, you get soundly beaten with the tired stick.

Never underestimate her. ;)
#857031 by Tinuks
10 Sep 2013, 03:14
Well done I am in awe of what you have accomplished. Please get some rest though, we promise to be very understanding if we don't get your TR today.
#857032 by Hull
10 Sep 2013, 05:42
Doing OK with the Jetlag so far, we went white water rafting today and it's mountain biking and a canopy tour tomorrow.

Need to find time for my Virgin Australia TR at some point too.
#857038 by stevebrass
10 Sep 2013, 09:15
We went non stop out to NZ - not jet lagged at all.

HOWEVER - we paid for it going home!

But whatever - have a great time in NZ.

Are you aiming for Milford Sound?
#857045 by lovetoholiday
10 Sep 2013, 11:20
Well done Dominic, sounds like you hit the ground running.
Good news that the dreaded jet lag seems to have passed you by.
We are still struggling here, but getting a little better day by day ........I look forward to the day when someone comes up with a remedy !!
#857046 by gfonk
10 Sep 2013, 11:58
Darren Wheeler wrote:Jetlag is a cruel mistress. Just when you think you have her on the rope, wallop, you get soundly beaten with the tired stick.

Never underestimate her. ;)

lol thats a good one.

Sooooo true though. On our last trip to the land of the rising sun we tried some silly "jetlag" diet that I found on the LHR website and combined with not sleeping at all on the flight along with seeing the most spectacular sunrise over Tokyo on our first morning. The result of all these things was that we had the worst jetlag ever lol

like darren said....dont ignore the cruel mistress that is jetlag lol
#857063 by Blacky1
10 Sep 2013, 15:13
Hope the rafting went well Dom ,sounds like your going to have an active time .
Have fun
#857087 by Hull
10 Sep 2013, 20:24
Blacky1 wrote:Hope the rafting went well Dom ,sounds like your going to have an active time .
Have fun

Thanks it was awesome, apparently over the highest commercially raftable waterfall in the world 7m it was pretty extreme and Mrs H did emerge several feet from the raft when we got through :D no damage done y) .

Up at 0600 this morning so I'm doing well, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me on a plate when I get home.
#857090 by Blacky1
10 Sep 2013, 21:42
Hull wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:Hope the rafting went well Dom ,sounds like your going to have an active time .
Have fun

Thanks it was awesome, apparently over the highest commercially raftable waterfall in the world 7m it was pretty extreme and Mrs H did emerge several feet from the raft when we got through :D no damage done y) .

Up at 0600 this morning so I'm doing well, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me on a plate when I get home.

Blimey Dom ,you like living dangerously me thinks
#857711 by Hull
18 Sep 2013, 23:31
To add to all the excitement we spent a couple of days in Queenstown which was great fun.
We went Jet Boating on the Shotover River, took a Segway tour around town and went paragliding from Coronet Peak.
Spending tonight at AKL ready for my early start back to London.
More TR's to follow.
#857716 by gfonk
19 Sep 2013, 06:05
Oh wow
The journey begins :-0
This time in PE right?
And straight through?
Looking forward to your TRs
#857717 by Hull
19 Sep 2013, 06:13
Wow indeed.

Yes it's PE the whole way unless I can get something sorted at the gate ): and it's another straight through trip leaving AKL at 0800 local time on Friday 20th via SYD and HKG arriving at LHR early on Saturday morning ][|)

Heading straight to the revivals lounge to wait for Mrs H who is arriving later on the VS008 from LAX.

Having not suffered from Jet lag in anyway so far on this trip I'm thoroughly expecting to feel awful all next week, at least I don't have to work until Wednesday afternoon y)
#857718 by Hull
19 Sep 2013, 06:19
Blacky1 wrote:
Hull wrote:
Have fun

Blimey Dom ,you like living dangerously me thinks

Yeah, live fast die young and all that ):

I do enjoy living on the edge at times however when it's my time I'm sure I won't die a heroes death, more likely mowing the lawn or something like that ;)

I did draw the line at the Canyon Swing though
http://www.canyonswing.co.nz
#857721 by Hull
19 Sep 2013, 06:34
stevebrass wrote:We went non stop out to NZ - not jet lagged at all.

HOWEVER - we paid for it going home!

But whatever - have a great time in NZ.

Are you aiming for Milford Sound?

I'm about to find out with the homeward leg tomorrow, last time I was in NZ i came back via LA in one hit and was fine so I'll find out how bad it is going the other way.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Milford Sound this trip as I was only in Country for ten days, we did Rotorua, Omaha Beach, Auckland and Queenstown.
#857727 by gfonk
19 Sep 2013, 08:56
Hull wrote:I'm about to find out with the homeward leg tomorrow, last time I was in NZ i came back via LA in one hit and was fine so I'll find out how bad it is going the other way.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Milford Sound this trip as I was only in Country for ten days, we did Rotorua, Omaha Beach, Auckland and Queenstown.

The few kiwi's I have had the pleasure to meet all swore by the LA route, so will be interesting to see how you get on going the East route.

Mrs H is going via LA though?
#857783 by Hull
19 Sep 2013, 19:49
gfonk wrote:
Hull wrote:I'm about to find out with the homeward leg tomorrow, last time I was in NZ i came back via LA in one hit and was fine so I'll find out how bad it is going the other way.

The few kiwi's I have had the pleasure to meet all swore by the LA route, so will be interesting to see how you get on going the East route.

Mrs H is going via LA though?

Yeah, as we were on two completely different trips with he going straight to AKL from San Francisco the day my flight to LHR was cancelled it was easier and cheaper for her to return via the USA.
Virgin Atlantic