This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#859060 by jfenney
07 Oct 2013, 13:10
As I was trawling the travel sites on the net I noticed certain promotions for status match elite tiers between hotels.

I decided to give myself a mission to see how many hotel chains I can status match into without staying any nights :D

My first port of call was to the Le Club Accor hotels who kindly gave me their top Platinum status. I then status matched that to Club Carlson Gold (free breakfast :D ) .

I tried to status match my Le Club with IHG however they have dropped out and my best bet would be Best Western .

So I status matched my Le Club with Best Western and got Diamond with them and in turn matched with iHG platinum.

Hilton you can forget about but they do have a promotion for instant silver and take 4 stays in 90 days for gold upgrade.

I have to admit it takes a little time and a few emails but if your a regular traveller and want a little extra especially having at least a year at the top elite status give it a go.

Just I'm me and I will give you any info on how I did it and the emails to send

Jurgen y)
#859070 by ratechaser
07 Oct 2013, 19:04
Interesting read... I have zero hotel loyalty affiliation in the same way I do with airlines, largely because of the nicer boutique hotels that are available on most of my work trips. The only chain that I regularly stay at a few times a year is Hilton, and that's only for pre-flight airport stopovers on holidays. Done the instant silver thing there, but pity there's no way to hop up further using your methods... Will just have to continue paying for my own drinks and nibbles!
#859075 by jfenney
07 Oct 2013, 20:03
SNOMO wrote:Details please Jurgen, you can PM me if its easier.
I am Platinum status with IHG but looking to status match for upcoming trip to NY in May to give myself best possible deal.

Thanks
Pat

Pat

Check this site out which gives you all the airlines and hotel matches

http://www.statusmatcher.com/Company.ph ... ontinental

As you can see you can status match to best Western, Hyatt and Club Carlson

Best western link

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/offe ... -match.asp

Club Carlson email

[email protected]

All you have to do is send a screen shot of your account showing tier membership

Hope this helps
#859077 by jfenney
07 Oct 2013, 20:46
I did forget to mention I managed to bag a voyager level with Langham hotels but I doubt if I will be spending a night at £1200. However I will be getting some nice luggage tags to go along with my vflyers :D :D
#859133 by ratechaser
08 Oct 2013, 18:37
Daffodil wrote:HH Diamond with Amex Centurion.

Anyone know what the UK invitation criteria are for that one these days? Have been wondering if worth trying to shoot for it, but not like I'm going to stick half a million a year on a Plat card just to get myself noticed! If it's a bit more realistic, then maybe...
#859134 by Hamster
08 Oct 2013, 18:41
northernhenry wrote:
Hamster wrote:HH gold through amex too.

Unfortunately not anymore... Dropped off this last year... n( even though when it was around was supposedly only for 1years status..

I thought that was so but mine renewed a couple weeks ago! I doubt it will happen next year though. Never stepped foot in a hilton so doesn't make much difference! :P
Virgin Atlantic