This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#861529 by ratechaser
20 Nov 2013, 21:08
Oh, and as ıf by magıc, a Hull Traıns locomotıve thunders through the statıon I am standıng at, on ıts way ınto London. I feel uplıfted! Or maybe ıt was just the red wıne from an hour ago...
#861533 by Blacky1
20 Nov 2013, 21:40
ratechaser wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:Never had the pleasure of visiting hull , is it worth a weekend ?

In the words of Butters parents... "You're grounded mıster!"

Take that as no then ? ):
#861535 by joeyc
20 Nov 2013, 21:57
ratechaser wrote:Oh, and as ıf by magıc, a Hull Traıns locomotıve thunders through the statıon I am standıng at, on ıts way ınto London. I feel uplıfted! Or maybe ıt was just the red wıne from an hour ago...

Ha ha ha ha .. it must have been the wine. :o) :o)

For any that missed the story

Boston is just lovely this time of year :P
Last edited by joeyc on 20 Nov 2013, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
#861536 by northernhenry
20 Nov 2013, 21:58

Go, you'll love it.
It's the city of culture in a few years time, what more of an incentive is needed.
:0
#861538 by Neil
20 Nov 2013, 22:42
One should never judge somewhere unless they have experienced it for themselves. Hull has many issues but also many excellent attractions and I would highly recommend a visit.

It is great news for my home City, and well deserved after an excellent campaign. The economic gain is much needed and this will hopefully help dismiss a lot of the unfair criticism thrown its way from people who have set foot here.

The whole place is buzzing off the back of the victory and long may it continue.
#861539 by hazban
20 Nov 2013, 22:53
Where's Hull?
Had an Aunty lived in Withernsea and as a child we used to pass through a "place" on the way there, was that it?
Good news for the place, do they have a football team? ii)
#861551 by Blacky1
21 Nov 2013, 06:40
northernhenry wrote:

Go, you'll love it.
It's the city of culture in a few years time, what more of an incentive is needed.
:0

It's now on my shortlist for jan along with Boston and New York :P
#861552 by PaulS
21 Nov 2013, 08:55
As a Doncastrian I have visited Hull on many a occasion. It's good to live in this new age of discovery. Now they have actually found a way to polish the verbal T**d

:D :D :D

Only joking well done Hull it's not that grim up't north
#861614 by gfonk
22 Nov 2013, 10:24
Silver Fox wrote:Where is it?

somewhere north of the M25 I think lol lol ):
Virgin Atlantic