This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#864787 by hiljil
18 Jan 2014, 12:44
Do I need to worry , please, as I clicked on the link ?
#864805 by Sealink
18 Jan 2014, 16:04
hiljil wrote:Do I need to worry , please, as I clicked on the link ?

Me too. ;-)

It went to a secure Google we page and promptly took my virginity.
#864858 by Tinuks
19 Jan 2014, 07:08
Sealink wrote:
hiljil wrote:Do I need to worry , please, as I clicked on the link ?

Me too. ;-)

It went to a secure Google we page and promptly took my virginity.

Where did it take it to? Can you get it back? :o)
Last edited by Tinuks on 19 Jan 2014, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
#864859 by hiljil
19 Jan 2014, 08:08
It led to the Google search bar and as I don't understand Spambot etc I am worried that by clicking on it I may have done something stupid as far as the security of my ipad is concerned !! So I don't want to try again to see if it still links to it .....? Would really appreciate someone assuring me that I have nothing to worry about !?!
Thank you
hiljil
#864866 by joeyc
19 Jan 2014, 09:53
hiljil wrote:It led to the Google search bar and as I don't understand Spambot etc I am worried that by clicking on it I may have done something stupid as far as the security of my ipad is concerned !! So I don't want to try again to see if it still links to it .....? Would really appreciate someone assuring me that I have nothing to worry about !?!
Thank you
hiljil

Don't worry Jill, all is fine. If it makes you feel better reset safari and dump the caches on your iPad.

One of the mods should probably hide this thread though, pending Luther12 returning and seeing what is posted next or a mod message to make sure they are legit.

I'm with Pete, looks like a spam post to get posting numbers past that approval stage, then comes the true spam message... what do we think, kitchen cabinets? prefab homes? under the counter meds? :o)
#864867 by hiljil
19 Jan 2014, 10:00
Thank You, Joeyc. I really appreciate your reply.
#864868 by NV43
19 Jan 2014, 10:15
I'm being deluged with adverts for pills to enhance myself and offers to accept the transfer of US$30,000,000 to a bank account of my choice in return for the account details and a small bribe for a Nigerian bank clerk to rubber stamp the transfer document; looks like it's my lucky day on both counts!
Virgin Atlantic