This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#866275 by Jacki
09 Feb 2014, 16:06
I seem to spend far too much time bemoaning the fact no-one understands good customer service anymore but I have now been proved wrong.

Over the years I have stayed in a few Marriott Hotels and received a call from their Customer Service Dept yesterday advising that they had discovered I have three different loyalty accounts that had all accrued points. They suggested it would make sense to amalgamate them into one, and as I couldn't remember having any of them I agreed. The icing on the cake was when they noticed my birthday was next week they offered me a one night stay (14th Feb when many rooms in central London are at a premium) in a Delux river view room at their County Hall Hotel! I'm hardly a big player for them revenue wise so this is impressive service and greatly appreciated. y)
#866278 by Nottingham Nick
09 Feb 2014, 16:55
Good result Jacki y) y)

I find Marriott very good for customer service - I was comped Gold a few years back, and was so impressed by the way we were treated that I have made sure of re-qualification for the past few years out of my own pocket. I hate to think how much I have spent with them doing this, but I don't begrudge a penny. :D

Nick