This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#870175 by CHill710
09 Apr 2014, 14:14
Blacky1 wrote:
It's quite possible I'm being really dumb but I can't find it chris ?| is it on the page after you've logged in to your account ?

Should be.

4th down on list to the left after you have loged in 'book trial'
#870192 by Blacky1
09 Apr 2014, 17:48
CHill710 wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:My fourth down is briefing notes ? I'm really confused now !!

It should be somewhere there.
You might just be awaiting LHR to approve you.

I think that must be the case , when they do (hopefully) I'll try and book the one on the 17th may and join you guys y)
#870257 by Roxy-Popsy
10 Apr 2014, 21:50
I was at T2 again yesterday for another trial.

My brief started with an email a few days before the trial to park in the short stay car park & I was sent a pass to display on the dash. No problems but I did think that I would be unlikely to be able to park so close to the lifts ever again.

Booked in by showing my passport & went to a short briefing before being handed a script. As this trial involved 1000 volunteers, the briefings were held in smaller groups. Over all this organisation worked well. More ankle biters & upwards present than previously but, I guess this was because it was the school hols.

My script stated for me to collect a trolley (no facility for £ or € coins y) ) & then collect two hold bags. There were stacks available so I chose two lighter ones. One of them had a crumpled VS UC tag on it.

Next I had to find my way to United check in security desk & check in the two bags. I waited nearly an hour in the queue but occupied myself with a book (I know, old fashioned but hey, that's me). Now you may raise your eyebrows at waiting this long, but the system had a glitch but was fixed. Part of the reason for these trials is to sort glitches hence taking a book (& wearing comfy shoes).

Once the bags were checked, I went through security to airside & then loitered for over an hour waiting for my flight to appear on the departures board. There were refreshments provided & entertainment too.

When my flight appeared on the board, I made my way to B35 & was checked in. Then the trial for me ended & I made my way to baggage reclaim for free lunch & a copy of OK magazine which were free to anyone who wanted to have one. After lunch I went through to land side, had my airside pass taken & was free to leave.

Now anyone who has read my previous post knows that I lost the car last time, so I double checked the mental note & went directly to where I'd left the car.........only I hadn't. So some while later I finally found the car & left. Do hope the security cameras weren't following me being a total numpty.

I enjoyed my day, learnt a great deal, chatted to some interesting folks & am looking forward to the next trial.

Roxy-Popsy
Virgin Atlantic