This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#872156 by mitchja
07 May 2014, 19:28
Nose bleeds are quit common during or after flying as the very dry air on-board aircraft dries out the inside of your nose which causes it to get irritated much more easily which in turn can cause nose bleeds.

The changes in altitude are also a factor in nose bleeds as well.
#872192 by Bretty
08 May 2014, 13:05
Ditto what James said. I used to get them occasionally, and used to get terrible head pain like someone tightening a vice on my head; from the cabin pressure I guess. Haven't had it for a while though (crossing fingers).
#872236 by Blacky1
09 May 2014, 05:17
zenithar wrote:Ask for some hot tea/water, and breath in the steam every hour or two. This should help alleviate the drying of your sinuses.

Don't think I've ever had a cup of tea on a plane that produced any steam :P
#872237 by enjoyingit
09 May 2014, 06:37
Blacky1 wrote:
zenithar wrote:Ask for some hot tea/water, and breath in the steam every hour or two. This should help alleviate the drying of your sinuses.

Dont think i have ever had a cup of tea on a plane....... :D
#872238 by Blacky1
09 May 2014, 07:12
enjoyingit wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:

Dont think i have ever had a cup of tea on a plane....... :D

Lol , sometimes it's just a tad too early to be on the booze even for me !
#872255 by northernhenry
09 May 2014, 09:53
catsilversword wrote:Anyone ever experience a nosebleed a couple of days after flying long-haul???

Back to this, I assume if this is continuing you should seek a professional medical opinion.

Changes in air pressure could of ruptured smaller blood vessel causing bleeding, I used to get all the time on high altitude chairlifts in the Alps, not much fun for those traversing below me ):

NH
#872283 by zenithar
09 May 2014, 16:20
It doesn't matter if it's steaming or not. Evaporation is occurring above the water (since the air is so dry), and that moisture will be breathed up your nose, and help prevent over-drying of the sinuses. No different than the humidity produced by lakes/streams/oceans.
Virgin Atlantic