This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#880874 by lovetoholiday
21 Aug 2014, 18:28
So what do you buy a man who travels a lot ... I was trying to think of some clever gadget, travel type item ? He's in his early 40s.
Am really stuck for ideas. Though this was a good place for ideas as you are all travellers :)
Budget is upto 100 GBP.
Any suggestions welcome :)
#880892 by lovetoholiday
21 Aug 2014, 21:29
Thanks Buns, they look great and I have a weird feeling we have seen those and he liked them .... Brilliant thank you !!
#880893 by lovetoholiday
21 Aug 2014, 21:31
And they stock them in Marlow, 5 mins from where we live. That must be where we saw them :)
#880896 by Roxy-Popsy
21 Aug 2014, 21:37
May I suggest Buns that you show Mrs Buns this thread? Nothing like a subtle hint - not. :D

I presume your husband has a fabulous all singing all dancing world wide multi way adaptor? :?

Or maybe a decent man style trolley dolly? :?

Sturdy man bag? :?

Even better: a handbag for you because a happy wife makes for a happy husband :D

Good luck, doubt my suggestions are any use, just wanted to make a suggestion to Buns ;)

TTFN

RoxyPopsy
#880897 by lovetoholiday
21 Aug 2014, 22:13
Thanks Roxy, I like your last idea the most :) happy wife indeed !
Now i think you might have also hit on an idea with the trolley , the one he has used this week has annoying noisy wheels and broken zip and I saw a fab lightweight one just the other day !
As you have guessed he has all the necessary adapters and plugs ;)

May end up blowing the budget !!
Oh and then I remembered the packing cubes you all like on this forum ...

Hmm , much pondering to do !
#882683 by lovetoholiday
11 Sep 2014, 20:45
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but just wanted to say a big thanks to Buns and Roxy-Popsy for the suggestions above.
I got my husband a lovely Belroy wallet and a super light suitcase from John Lewis. He was so pleased with both.
He is currently on a work trip to SFO (BA CW), back at the weekend and then off to Bangalore (EK Business). Then back home for a week and off to SFO again (VS UC).
I should get him on here to write some trip reports :) He might roll is eyes at me though ! xx(
Virgin Atlantic