This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#882996 by yozdagger
15 Sep 2014, 13:29
Was very dismayed to read this morning the article about Vivienne Westwood on how she "hates England".....

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2755652/Tartan-loving-designer-Vivienne-Westwood-pledges-support-Yes-campaign-Scottish-independence-slamming-unionists-frightened-stupid.html

I know its the Daily Mail and therefore caveats apply for how much its been exaggerated.... but..... should a very 'British' airline like Virgin Atlantic be providing uniform sales to someone so apparently anti-British?

Come on SRB - find yourself a new designer.....

Flame on :-)

Edit- Oh it seems maybe the staff don't like the uniforms either lol http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2755207/Virgin-Atlantic-s-cabin-crew-complain-new-Vivienne-Westwood-uniform-tight-shoes-blisters-collars-make-BLEED.html
#883000 by Fuzzy14
15 Sep 2014, 14:09
You seem to have made the same error as the Daily Mail in that England does not equal Britain.

Should Scots vote yes then Virgin Atlantic will still continue to serve Britain.
#883002 by yozdagger
15 Sep 2014, 14:25
I think if you look again you will see that I said British (the UK nationality) not Britain (a geographical term)...

Being anti-English (or for that matter being anti-Welsh, anti-NI, anti-Scots) - IS anti-British.
#883008 by Fuzzy14
15 Sep 2014, 14:59
yozdagger wrote:Being anti-English (or for that matter being anti-Welsh, anti-NI, anti-Scots) - IS anti-British.

I don't agree, met plenty of pro-British who were anti-Scottish but there you go. 8D

It may be time to ditch Vivienne Westwood for other reasons not because she's anti-English (and while I don't want to speak for her I suspect she's anti-English establishment not people)
#883016 by tontybear
15 Sep 2014, 17:58
VS are not going to ditch a new uniform - at great cost (in the millions*) and inconvenience - just because the designer said something a bit controversial.

A member of VS cabin crew I know loves the new uniform.

Blisters are a fact of life with new shoes.

based on 7,500 staff @ 22 pieces = 165,000 pieces. even at a very low average cost of £20 per piece that's £ 3.3m and that an low ball estimate
Virgin Atlantic