This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#883113 by mallin
16 Sep 2014, 15:54
We have been trying to get all the bad stuff out of the way before our long awaited trip to Las Vegas comes up on the 3rd October, via Lax on the 2nd.

Like all good v-flyers the planning and countdown has been well under way, with seats requested, hotel ,car booked and money ordered. Even started getting the cases down and sorting clothes, (Bretty please note) and Dickydotcom.

Last week we had to go to hubbys uncles funeral, then on our return found out his mother in Kent had taken a turn for the worse and was not expected to last much longer (thoughts of cancelling or re-arranging). Plus I have been having extensive mouth surgery ready for titanium implants, teeth out and jawbone reconstruction, (I absolutely dread the dentist) and have been having nightmares about it all.

Anyway unfortunately mother-in-law has now passed and the funeral is next week.

Today my dentist has just phoned and said lucky me he has a cancellation for tomorrow for 3 hours of surgery to do the jawbone and first implants. It will take at least a week before i can eat anything but soft food but should be ok for the holiday (deep joy). One good thing I should be able to drop a few pounds so can hopefully make up for it. Will need the holiday more than ever.

So tomorrow afternoon think of me. Linda
#883115 by sgilly74
16 Sep 2014, 15:57
Thinking of you Linda - sounds like you have had a run of bad luck lately.

We are also in Las Vegas 3rd October, that is our last full day there, after hopefully spending 7 nights having a great time.

Good luck with your mouth surgery and enjoy your hoilday.
#883117 by hiljil
16 Sep 2014, 16:03
Deepest sympathy to you & your husband. What an anguished time you must have had. And on top of that - the Dentist. Golly, how I empathise. I get so worked up just about a check up. Don't know how I would cope with implants. Anyway, good luck.

Try and focus on what lies ahead - a wonderful holiday.

Will be thinking of you, and wishing you a great time in Vegas.

Best wishes,
hiljil
#883119 by hiljil
16 Sep 2014, 16:08
mallin wrote:Thanks Hillary, your holiday is soon isn't. WE will be fellow BA flyers next year.LInda

Yes - almost "on one hand " to my flight now ! Have just got cases down. Can't wait to go ...... Although the weather doesn't look too good for the next week. :#
#883120 by Concorde RIP
16 Sep 2014, 16:11
I have a great phobia of the dentist, so you uhave my sympathies.....good news is, whilst you think the worst, you generally walk out thinking, that wasn't so bad!
#883121 by CHill710
16 Sep 2014, 16:18
Having had a dental implant myself I know what you will be going through just think of the end result and look forward to your holiday.
#883143 by whiterose
16 Sep 2014, 19:25
So sorry to hear what a rotten time you've been having and now MIL's funeral to cope with on top of the nightmares about dental work. Good in a way that the dentist had a cancellation, it's over sooner instead of spending more time worrying about it.

Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon and you've your holiday to concentrate on, keep thinking of that.
#883151 by Bretty
16 Sep 2014, 20:43
All of you with dental phobias should see a hypnotherapist, or better still, find a dentist that uses hypnotherapy, it'll do the power of good for you.

Linda, it sounds like you and your hubby have been going through the mill a bit, and so no doubt this holiday will have more meaning for you when it comes around. But I agree with Whiterose, the dental surgery has come at an opportune time to get it over-with without further stress, so relax as much as you can tomorrow, do some deep breathing exercises if you can to chill out.

And think about this, you might not be able to eat soft food for a few days, but you can still drink champoo! ):

The next few days are probably going to be tough in all kinds of ways, but stay focused on what is at the end and let yourself enjoy it when it comes.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
#883153 by gfonk
16 Sep 2014, 21:24
mallin - i will be thinking of you tomorrow.
i would go with brettys advice for sure.
im sure you will make up for not being able to eat much once you are on holiday.
im really impressed you have your cases out already!!! thumbs up from me.
anyway all the,best for tomorrow
#883156 by Daffodil
16 Sep 2014, 21:40
Linda I' m so sorry to hear of your family bereavements. All the best for tomorrow I hope it's not to painful. The positive side will be the weight loss.
#883163 by Shaz72
16 Sep 2014, 22:31
Linda

Sorry to hear of your loss, you will be ready for a holiday. hope everything goes well tomorrow, I work for an implantologist and I am sure you will be in safe hands.

Sharon
#883205 by joeyc
17 Sep 2014, 14:36
Sorry to read of your losses Linda, my condolences.

I hope the surgery goes well today and fingers crossed you'll be able to thoroughly enjoy the LAS holiday to come.

Joey 8D
#883214 by pjh
17 Sep 2014, 15:59
Hi Linda

As the others have said, condolences and hope the surgery goes well and the need to eat only gloop short lived.

Paul
#883217 by mallin
17 Sep 2014, 16:21
Well I am home and yes it was worse than I expected, but survived. Am going to take a sleeping pill and hope it works. Dentist says I'll probably look like i have done some rounds with Mike Tyson for the next few days, so will keep off the streets in case I frighten anybody.

Stiches out next week. Lin :$
#883220 by hiljil
17 Sep 2014, 16:52
Thank you for letting us know how it went !

Even if it was worse than expected at least it is over now and you can think about that holiday.

Sleep well ! y)
#883223 by Bretty
17 Sep 2014, 17:23
Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite, and if you fancy it, have a go at frightening the neighbourhood kids lol ): ):

Only kidding, glad you're okay.
#883226 by mallin
17 Sep 2014, 17:30
All this so I can look ok as it was my three front teeth, I am not really vain but didn't want to wear a denture (horrible thing). Seven months will be enough by the time its all finished, my hubby has a heart of gold and puts up with a lot from me, 42 years and counting. Lin
#883258 by pjh
17 Sep 2014, 20:44
mallin wrote:Dentist says I'll probably look like i have done some rounds with Mike Tyson for the next few days, so will keep off the streets in case I frighten anybody.

Get yourself into the centre of Huntingdon, you'll pass unnoticed... :)
#883262 by Blacky1
17 Sep 2014, 20:57
pjh wrote:
mallin wrote:Dentist says I'll probably look like i have done some rounds with Mike Tyson for the next few days, so will keep off the streets in case I frighten anybody.

Get yourself into the centre of Huntingdon, you'll pass unnoticed... :)

Lol ^)
Virgin Atlantic