This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#883263 by Sealink
17 Sep 2014, 21:11
mallin wrote:We have been trying to get all the bad stuff out of the way before our long awaited trip to Las Vegas comes up on the 3rd October, via Lax on the 2nd.

Like all good v-flyers the planning and countdown has been well under way, with seats requested, hotel ,car booked and money ordered. Even started getting the cases down and sorting clothes, (Bretty please note) and Dickydotcom.

Last week we had to go to hubbys uncles funeral, then on our return found out his mother in Kent had taken a turn for the worse and was not expected to last much longer (thoughts of cancelling or re-arranging). Plus I have been having extensive mouth surgery ready for titanium implants, teeth out and jawbone reconstruction, (I absolutely dread the dentist) and have been having nightmares about it all.

Anyway unfortunately mother-in-law has now passed and the funeral is next week.

Today my dentist has just phoned and said lucky me he has a cancellation for tomorrow for 3 hours of surgery to do the jawbone and first implants. It will take at least a week before i can eat anything but soft food but should be ok for the holiday (deep joy). One good thing I should be able to drop a few pounds so can hopefully make up for it. Will need the holiday more than ever.

So tomorrow afternoon think of me. Linda

Oh Linda, have a virtual hug.

What a run of things to happen.
#883289 by Tinuks
17 Sep 2014, 23:41
Hello Linda. My condolences to you and your family. I hope the coming holiday goes a long way to cheer you up.

Dental surgery is the pits and you're a champion to be able to sound so upbeat afterwards.
#883318 by mallin
18 Sep 2014, 10:20
Thanks Claire, how did your holiday in Phoenix go? Pm me if its too ,long for public notice. I am really good this morning better than I think I should be. Linda
#883322 by hiljil
18 Sep 2014, 10:41
So pleased you are feeling better than you expected.

Well done !

Best wishes
hiljil
#883372 by catsilversword
18 Sep 2014, 16:37
mallin wrote:Thanks Claire, how did your holiday in Phoenix go? Pm me if its too ,long for public notice. I am really good this morning better than I think I should be. Linda

It was great thanks (aside from the floods!). Only got home Monday, so still a bit out of synch. Mmm, that's true most of the time really ;)
Virgin Atlantic