This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#883241 by Bretty
17 Sep 2014, 19:56
Gosh, what a long day. I'm knackered, to put it politely, long day at work, my brain is befuddled, I'm a bit behind due to the usual dealing with other people's stuff (perils of being the boss).

So after a hot bath, jimjams and TV / iPad, and I'm half way through a very nice bottle of Roederer Carte Blanche. So I'm getting even more befuddled! :0 ): y)

Cheers peeps, hope you're all well :P
#883242 by Blacky1
17 Sep 2014, 19:58
Bretty wrote:Gosh, what a long day. I'm knackered, to put it politely, long day at work, my brain is befuddled, I'm a bit behind due to the usual dealing with other people's stuff (perils of being the boss).

So after a hot bath, jimjams and TV / iPad, and I'm half way through a very nice bottle of Roederer Carte Blanche. So I'm getting even more befuddled! :0 ): y)

Cheers peeps, hope you're all well :P

Honestly john ,on a school night as well !! oo) ^)
#883246 by Hull
17 Sep 2014, 20:09
Bottoms up I say y)

I'm sat down with a large glass of Malbec and it's going down a treat, just a shame I have to stop at one glass as I have to be up for work at 0400 :(!
#883249 by ratechaser
17 Sep 2014, 20:20
Hull wrote:Bottoms up I say y)

I'm sat down with a large glass of Malbec and it's going down a treat, just a shame I have to stop at one glass as I have to be up for work at 0400 :(!

4 bottles of Budvar for me, not the norm for a Wednesday night, but one of my teams have had a hard few weeks so obviously I have to buy them a drink or two (it's still the banking "way" to de-stress). Think I'd have preferred Malbec though. Problem is I've got quite a selection at home and will now have to resist further temptation...
#883252 by Bretty
17 Sep 2014, 20:25
Bottoms up, chin chin and all that. Who cares if it's a school night!
#883257 by Bretty
17 Sep 2014, 20:41
It's a very nice champagne hehe, a Demi sec so just a little sweet, but I think I'll save the other half bottle for tomorrow ):
#883261 by Blacky1
17 Sep 2014, 20:55
Bretty wrote:It's a very nice champagne hehe, a Demi sec so just a little sweet, but I think I'll save the other half bottle for tomorrow ):

Noooooooooo v( finish it
#883266 by ultreen1
17 Sep 2014, 21:19
I'm on the prosecco and Chardonnay...sod the liver function blood tests!
#883271 by Bretty
17 Sep 2014, 21:50
Lol Dareen and Sealink! I've had another glass but I think I'll have to stop now.
#883283 by honey lamb
17 Sep 2014, 22:18
I'm having a G&T (quell surprise) or three. I've just driven down on a four and a half hour drive to my home on the south coast of Ireland from the west of Ireland after following the rather sudden demise of my brother-in-law :( I was actually en route to see him when I got a call to say he had taken a turn for the worse and, as I was only 40 minutes away from home, I returned back to pack a bag.

At this stage, after a series of somewhat sleepless nights, I'm absolutely knackered and hope that Mr Gordon will send me to the Land of Nod since that nice Mr Tanqueray has gone on the missing list.
#883285 by hazban
17 Sep 2014, 22:59
Bretty, total sympathy with you after a long day at work !
Don't know how many hours it was since since you started this thread but hope that you are now in the "land of nod" recuperating ?
Share a thought for us NHS slaves. Just got home but no more work till Monday.
Plenty of time to join you all in the celebrations. :P
#883310 by whiterose
18 Sep 2014, 09:49
Hooray Bretty, a fellow enthusiastic for Roederer, I love the stuff.

Honey Lamb, sad to hear of the death of your BIL, so sorry. And the disappearance of your friend Mr Tanqueray. Hope his substitute Mr Gordon stepped up the mark well. :)
#883328 by gfonk
18 Sep 2014, 10:56
HL - sorry to hear about your brother!!!
I too joined in with a small czech beer last night.
work is just crazy but cant complain!! Politics is one of the main issues but learning how to deal with it.
studies are going ok, but its going to get really tough in November.
Virgin Atlantic